Quantum Negativity & 4-Partite Entanglement of GHZ State

• I
  • Thread starter Jufa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Quantum
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of computing the negativity of a density matrix for a GHZ state, which always results in zero regardless of the chosen partition. This is due to the fact that the GHZ state has zero distillable entanglement, which is a measure of its entanglement. The speaker is interested in finding a different measure of entanglement that does not result in zero for the GHZ state, as well as an explanation for why the negativity behaves in this way for the GHZ state. This is relevant to their project of reconstructing a GHZ state using tomography methods and understanding how these methods estimate entanglement.
Jufa
TL;DR Summary
Problem quantifying the negativity of a 4-qubit GHZ state
When I computes the negativity (with the partial transpose) of the density matrix corresponding to the GHZ I obtain zero, no matter what is the partition I choose. I've read somewhere that this is because GHZ's distillable entanglement is zero, which I don't really understand because I haven't found a definition of this sort of entanglement.
I think that the reason that all the possible negativities give zero it is because the entanglement of the GHZ is solely when one considers the whole system (full 4-partite entanglement)
My question is (also if someone could explain what the distillable entanglement is): Is there a quantity I can compute on this GHZ state (and if possible on any 4-qubit state) that measures its amount of "full 4-partite entanglement"?
Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
May be it is a good idea to give a little bit of context of the problem I am facing.
In few words, I am trying to reconstruct a GHZ state of 4-qbits by means of different tomography methods and, apart from computing the fidelities of the obtained estimators, I am really interested in seeing how these methods estimate the amount of entanglement.
But in order to do so I need a measure of the entangle that does not vanish for the GHZ just as negativity does (which really shocks me, because the GHZ is maximally entangled).
That's why I am asking for both a valid entanglement measure for my case of study and (may be just for curiosity) the reason why the negativity displays this behavior on the GHZ?

Related to Quantum Negativity & 4-Partite Entanglement of GHZ State

1. What is quantum negativity?

Quantum negativity is a measure of the amount of entanglement between two or more quantum systems. It quantifies the degree to which the states of the systems are correlated and cannot be described independently.

2. What is a 4-partite entangled state?

A 4-partite entangled state is a quantum state that involves 4 separate systems that are entangled with each other. This means that the state of one system cannot be described without considering the states of the other 3 systems, and vice versa.

3. What is the GHZ state?

The GHZ state, also known as the Greenberger-Horne-Zeilinger state, is a specific type of entangled state involving 3 or more systems. It is characterized by all systems being in a superposition of two states, with the coefficients of the superposition being the same for all systems.

4. How is quantum negativity related to 4-partite entanglement of GHZ state?

Quantum negativity is a measure of entanglement, and the 4-partite entanglement of GHZ state refers to the entanglement between 4 systems. The quantum negativity of the GHZ state can be used to quantify the amount of entanglement between these 4 systems.

5. What are the potential applications of quantum negativity and 4-partite entanglement of GHZ state?

Quantum negativity and 4-partite entanglement of GHZ state have potential applications in quantum information processing, quantum cryptography, and quantum communication. They can also be used to study fundamental aspects of quantum mechanics and to test theories of entanglement.