Quantum linking daughter particles from a fission

In summary, it is possible to quantum link daughter particles from a fission event by isolating them from the environment. This can be done through the decay time, but it is unclear how this can be used in a useful or interesting way.
beanangel300
Is it possible to quantum link daughter particles from a fission event.

That is to say, at certain atomic transmutations are the daughter particles sufficiently deterministic that they can be quantum entangled from a measurement perspective.

I am aware that I 1) do not know when the fission will occur, 2) do not know the actual trajectories of the daughter particles at 3d space. yet it occurred to me that really simple fissions at cool temps might be quantum linkable as a result of high detrminism as well as high observability

Physics news on Phys.org
As long as you isolate the fission products from the environment, they can be entangled. The simplest entanglement is via the decay time, which you always have. However, I don't know how to do anything useful or interesting with that.

Related to Quantum linking daughter particles from a fission

1) What is quantum linking of daughter particles from fission?

Quantum linking is the entanglement of two particles that are created as a result of nuclear fission. This means that the two particles will have correlated properties, even if they are separated by large distances.

2) How is quantum linking achieved in the process of fission?

In the process of fission, a large nucleus splits into two smaller nuclei, releasing energy and daughter particles. These daughter particles are created in an entangled state, meaning their properties are linked together.

3) What are the potential applications of quantum linking from fission?

Quantum linking from fission has potential applications in quantum computing, cryptography, and communication. It can also be used to study fundamental principles of quantum mechanics.

4) Is quantum linking from fission the same as teleportation?

No, quantum linking is not the same as teleportation. While both involve the transfer of information between particles, teleportation involves the transfer of information from one particle to another without physically moving the particle.

5) What are the challenges in studying quantum linking of daughter particles from fission?

One of the main challenges in studying quantum linking from fission is maintaining the entanglement between the daughter particles over long distances. This requires careful control and isolation of the particles to prevent external factors from disrupting the entanglement.