Quantum entanglement mechanics

In summary, quantum entanglement is a phenomenon in quantum mechanics where two or more particles become connected or "entangled" in a way that their states are dependent on each other, regardless of the distance between them. It occurs when particles interact and share a quantum state, and has potential applications in quantum computing, cryptography, and teleportation. However, it can only be observed at the microscopic level and in controlled settings, and scientists face challenges in maintaining the entangled state for practical applications.
cHaRLie Bi0NiC
I should clarify, I am a linux administrator by trade and I have no physics or scientific background outside of working at a medical institute, So if my ideas are off and seem wild and misguided, please forgive my ignorance, and while you are at it be grateful for a fresh perspective. (joke) So I am very interested in Quantum entanglement and I got interested in it by studying quantum computing, I am constantly trying to come up with ways that can help to elucidate what mechanism exactly is facilitating this phenomenon. I was curious if there were any scientific plausibility to studying whether dark energy is in fact playing a role in facilitating the "communication " as it were between these 2 electrons over sometimes vast distances?? ( I am aware that the means for such an experiment may not actually exist.) All input is welcome even if it is more speculative in nature, but ideally, I was looking for input from experts.

Physics news on Phys.org
cHaRLie Bi0NiC said:
I should clarify, I am a linux administrator by trade and I have no physics or scientific background outside of working at a medical institute, So if my ideas are off and seem wild and misguided, please forgive my ignorance, and while you are at it be grateful for a fresh perspective. (joke) So I am very interested in Quantum entanglement and I got interested in it by studying quantum computing, I am constantly trying to come up with ways that can help to elucidate what mechanism exactly is facilitating this phenomenon. I was curious if there were any scientific plausibility to studying whether dark energy is in fact playing a role in facilitating the "communication " as it were between these 2 electrons over sometimes vast distances?? ( I am aware that the means for such an experiment may not actually exist.) All input is welcome even if it is more speculative in nature, but ideally, I was looking for input from experts.

Physics Forums is for discussion of established science. There was a thread recently about quantum entanglement and possible "mechanisms". See posts 7 and 10 on this thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/question-about-an-entanglement-paper.966466/

Likes cHaRLie Bi0NiC
cHaRLie Bi0NiC said:
Dark energy has absolutely nothing to do with entanglement.

I see you are new to the forum, so welcome, and be aware that personal theories are frowned on** here. I realize that you're just asking a question that you think might be reasonable, but the preference here is to have discussions about why what works does work the way it works, rather than speculate about how things MIGHT work

**Actually, "frowned on" is way too weak

EDIT: I see PeroK beat me to it

The substance of the OP's question has been addressed by providing a link. Thread closed.

Related to Quantum entanglement mechanics

1. What is quantum entanglement?

Quantum entanglement is a phenomenon in quantum mechanics where two or more particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle is dependent on the state of the other, regardless of the distance between them.

2. How does quantum entanglement work?

Quantum entanglement occurs when two or more particles are created or interact in such a way that their properties become entangled. This means that the particles share a quantum state, and any changes to one particle will affect the other, no matter how far apart they are.

3. What are the potential applications of quantum entanglement?

Quantum entanglement has potential applications in quantum computing, quantum cryptography, and quantum teleportation. It can also be used for secure communication and in creating more precise sensors and clocks.

4. Can quantum entanglement be observed in everyday objects?

No, quantum entanglement is a phenomenon that occurs at the quantum level and is not observable in everyday objects. It requires specialized equipment and techniques to observe and study.

5. Is quantum entanglement instantaneous communication?

No, quantum entanglement does not allow for instantaneous communication. While changes to one particle will affect the other, this does not violate the speed of light, and information cannot be transmitted faster than the speed of light.