Quantum entanglement comunication

In summary, it is impossible for Bob, working alone in his lab, to know whether Alice has done anything with her particle. If Bob has no information from Alice, his ensemble of particles will look random.
Paulo Jardim
I have a question about quantum entanglement, I see saying that it would not be possible to communicate faster than light using this technique, but for example, and I understand that it is not the information that travels, however if for example we use the interval of the measurement and read as binary, that is to say the if it was measured so result = 1 if not so = 0, or as Morse code, in short, it would not be possible to read in if it was measured or not and the result translate for information?

Physics news on Phys.org
It is impossible for Bob, working alone in his lab, to know whether Alice has done anything with her particle.

Entanglement only reveals itself when Alice and Bob share information about what they did with their particles and what the results were.

DrClaude said:
It is impossible for Bob, working alone in his lab, to know whether Alice has done anything with her particle.

Entanglement only reveals itself when Alice and Bob share information about what they did with their particles and what the results were.

Yes, if they create protocol, like internet only works because they have a protocol!

But why I need the Alice result if I know what was?

Paulo Jardim said:
Yes, if they create protocol, like internet only works because they have a protocol!
This has no relation to what we are talking about.

Paulo Jardim said:
But why I need the Alice result if I know what was?
If you have no information from Alice, your ensemble of particles will look random. You have to compare the Alice's result to even determine that the particles were entangled in pairs to begin with.

Coming back to the OP:
Paulo Jardim said:
it would not be possible to read in if it was measured or not and the result translate for information?
By looking only at his particle, Bob has no way of knowing whether Alice has measured her particle or not.

DrClaude said:
By looking only at his particle, Bob has no way of knowing whether Alice has measured her particle or not.

I thought that once the measurement was made by Bob, then the particle could be read, but that is not the case, so I understand there is no way of detecting that there was a measurement.

Thanks Dr.Claude

would it not be possible to force the particle to be measured in a specific state and thus apply in identical intervals between the two sides and compare the results?

sorry for the stupid questions*

Paulo Jardim said:
would it not be possible to force the particle to be measured in a specific state and thus apply in identical intervals between the two sides and compare the results?

sorry for the stupid questions*

That's exactly what is not possible. The initial measurement of each particle is correlated. But, anything you do to the particle after that is not reflected in the other particle. The first measurement breaks the entanglement.

PeroK said:
That's exactly what is not possible. The initial measurement of each particle is correlated. But, anything you do to the particle after that is not reflected in the other particle. The first measurement breaks the entanglement.

This I understood, my experiment was to take several entanglement waves, organize them to identify them, I imagined that when (Bob) did the reading here would be possible (Alice) knew that it was made, since there would be a wave collapse and in this way you could know that there was a measurement.

PS.

Well, thinking about it would only work if we could do the measurements without changing the properties of the particle, which if I'm not mistaken is improbable.

Last edited:
Paulo Jardim said:
since there would be a wave collapse and in this way you could know that there was a measurement.
Collapse is only part of one interpretation of the theory. It is not something physical, so there is nothing the observe.

Paulo Jardim said:
Well, thinking about it would only work if we could do the measurements without changing the properties of the particle, which if I'm not mistaken is improbable.
Entanglement means that the state of each particle can't be expressed independently of the state of the other. A measurement will necessarily break the entanglement, since the state of each particle is then independent of the other.

DrClaude said:
Collapse is only part of one interpretation of the theory. It is not something physical, so there is nothing the observe. Entanglement means that the state of each particle can't be expressed independently of the state of the other. A measurement will necessarily break the entanglement, since the state of each particle is then independent of the other.

It`s crystal now, thanks guys!

Regards,
Paulo Jardim

Related to Quantum entanglement comunication

1. What is quantum entanglement communication?

Quantum entanglement communication is a method of transmitting information between two or more parties using entangled particles. This allows for instantaneous communication over long distances, without the need for physical transmission of signals.

2. How does quantum entanglement communication work?

Quantum entanglement communication works by creating pairs of entangled particles and separating them. When one particle is observed or measured, the state of the other particle is instantly known, regardless of the distance between them. This allows for the transmission of information without the need for physical signals.

3. What are the potential applications of quantum entanglement communication?

Quantum entanglement communication has the potential to revolutionize secure communication, as it is impossible to intercept or eavesdrop on the transmission without disrupting the entanglement. It could also be used in quantum computing, cryptography, and teleportation.

4. Are there any limitations to quantum entanglement communication?

One limitation of quantum entanglement communication is the distance over which it can be reliably transmitted. Currently, the longest distance achieved is over 1,200 kilometers, but this is still not enough for global communication. Additionally, the technology and infrastructure required for quantum entanglement communication are still in the early stages of development.

5. What are the ethical implications of quantum entanglement communication?

As with any new technology, there are ethical implications to consider with quantum entanglement communication. One concern is the potential for misuse, such as for surveillance or hacking. There are also questions about the impact on privacy and the potential for a digital divide between those who have access to this technology and those who do not.