Q in dynamics, kinetics, Energy

In summary, the problem involves a 1 Kg block sliding on a frictionless circular rod from rest at point A to point B under the influence of a 40N force. The energy at point A is 0, and at point B it is given by mgh + 0.5mv^2. The work done by the force can be calculated by taking the dot product of the force and displacement and integrating it from 0 to π/2. However, the integration may not be coming out correctly. Further clarification or presentation of the attempted solution is needed.
vemplord

Homework Statement

1 Kg block slides on a circular rod (no friction) from rest in A position by a force of 40N. What is the speed when it reached point B. (see attached pic)

Homework Equations

W(f)=E(B)-E(A)

The Attempt at a Solution

The energy in A is 0, the energy in B is mgh+0.5mv^2
My problem is how to find the work of the force.

Thx.

Attachments

• 1B.JPG
    1B.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 454
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi vemplord! Welcome to PF! :smile:

(try using the X2 tag just above the Reply box :wink:)
vemplord said:
My problem is how to find the work of the force.

Work done = force "dot" displacement …

so for a small angle dθ, find the displacement, "dot" it with the force, and then integrate. :smile:

Thanks,

I tried that:
The Y displacement is rsinθ an X displacement is r-rcosθ, tried to integrate from "0" to "π/2" but it doesn't come out right.

What am i doing wrong?

vemplord said:
Thanks,

I tried that:
The Y displacement is rsinθ an X displacement is r-rcosθ, tried to integrate from "0" to "π/2" but it doesn't come out right.

What am i doing wrong?

dunno :redface:show us! :smile:

Related to Q in dynamics, kinetics, Energy

What is the difference between dynamics and kinetics in physics?

Dynamics is the study of forces and their effects on motion, while kinetics is the study of the causes of motion, such as forces, energy, and mass.

How are energy and work related in the context of dynamics and kinetics?

In the study of dynamics and kinetics, energy and work are closely related. Work is defined as the force applied over a distance, and energy is the ability to do work. In other words, work is the transfer of energy from one object to another.

What are the three types of energy commonly studied in dynamics and kinetics?

The three types of energy commonly studied in dynamics and kinetics are potential energy, kinetic energy, and thermal energy. Potential energy is energy stored in an object's position or state, kinetic energy is energy of motion, and thermal energy is the energy associated with the temperature of an object.

How does conservation of energy apply in dynamics and kinetics?

Conservation of energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or transformed. In the study of dynamics and kinetics, this means that the total energy in a system remains constant, even as it may be transferred between different forms.

What practical applications does the study of dynamics and kinetics have?

The study of dynamics and kinetics has many practical applications, including understanding and predicting the motion of objects, designing structures and machines, and analyzing the behavior of gases and fluids. It also has applications in fields such as engineering, physics, and chemistry.