Could someone solve for s/p (or p/s) in terms of v?

• Thread starter Sikz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Terms
In summary, it is possible to solve for s/p (or p/s) in terms of v using basic algebraic manipulation and substitution. To do so, one can isolate the variable on one side of the equation and use the properties of algebra to manipulate the equation until the variable is expressed in terms of v. There is no one specific formula for solving for s/p (or p/s) in terms of v, as the method will depend on the specific equation and variables involved. However, there may be limitations to solving for s/p (or p/s) in terms of v, such as non-linearity or multiple variables. This concept can be applied to real-world situations in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics, allowing for
Sikz
To-(To(s/p))=To/[tex]sqrt{1 - v^2 / 299792458^2}

If my symbols stuff isn't right:
To-(To(s/p))=To/[1 - v^2 / 299792458^2]^0.5

Can anyone solve for s/p or p/s in terms of v?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Not that anyone helped me... But I did it and found my original equation is wrong... So I'll redo it and then bother you guys some more :)

Yes, it is possible to solve for s/p or p/s in terms of v using the given equation. First, let's rearrange the equation to isolate s/p or p/s on one side:

To(s/p) = To/[1 - v^2 / 299792458^2]^0.5

Next, we can divide both sides by To to get rid of it on the left side:

s/p = 1/[1 - v^2 / 299792458^2]^0.5

Now, we can simplify the right side by taking the square root of the denominator:

s/p = 1/[1 - (v/299792458)]

Finally, we can rearrange the equation to solve for either s/p or p/s:

s/p = [1 - (v/299792458)]^-1 or p/s = 1/[1 - (v/299792458)]

Therefore, s/p or p/s can be solved in terms of v using the given equation.

1. Can s/p (or p/s) be solved in terms of v?

Yes, it is possible to solve for s/p (or p/s) in terms of v. This can be done using basic algebraic manipulation and substitution.

2. How do I solve for s/p (or p/s) in terms of v?

To solve for s/p (or p/s) in terms of v, you can begin by isolating the variable on one side of the equation. Then, use the properties of algebra to manipulate the equation until the variable is expressed in terms of v.

3. Is there a specific formula for solving for s/p (or p/s) in terms of v?

No, there is no one specific formula for solving for s/p (or p/s) in terms of v. The method for solving will depend on the specific equation and variables involved.

4. Are there any limitations to solving for s/p (or p/s) in terms of v?

Yes, there may be limitations to solving for s/p (or p/s) in terms of v. For example, if the equation is non-linear or contains multiple variables, it may not be possible to isolate the variable in terms of v.

5. Can solving for s/p (or p/s) in terms of v be applied to real-world situations?

Yes, solving for s/p (or p/s) in terms of v can be applied to real-world situations in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. It allows for the manipulation and analysis of equations involving variables that may have a relationship with velocity.