Published paper proving that Carnot efficiency can be exceeded

In summary: If you have a legitimate argument about this system, please make a new thread and we will look into it. Thanks.
abhijitp88
I've theoretically proved that heat to work can be converted at 100% efficiency by proposing a system, named as the Blue system. And I've also proved that the entropy of the universe increases even if this system operates at 100% efficiency. The implication of this being that the Carnot theorem is just a special case of the second law of thermodynamics, and not an equivalent statement as considered till now.
The article has been technically reviewed and published in the journal, "Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, India" under "Springer" publication. The article is also a part of the SpringerLink database and is available at:

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40010-013-0064-x

Do share message so that maximum people know about this and my system gets the required attention and criticism on a wider platform because this can potentially change the text-books of physics. Feel free to contact me on my e-mail id mentioned below.

Thanks and Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
I would also like to add that the research paper has proved this concept very mathematically using the fundamental laws of heat transfer. The conclusion mentioned above has no grey areas whatsoever since it's arrived at using very simple mathematical equations. The article can be read at the link above by clicking the free preview option. I encourage you reading this article. Even high school physics knowledge would suffice to verify my claims.

Purchase on Springer.com is $39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95

Closed pending moderation.

EDIT: the thread is re-opened. I would like to remind the forum members to read and abide by the forum rules in the discussion of this topic.

Last edited:
abhijitp88 said:
I would also like to add that the research paper has proved this concept very mathematically using the fundamental laws of heat transfer. The conclusion mentioned above has no grey areas whatsoever since it's arrived at using very simple mathematical equations. The article can be read at the link above by clicking the free preview option. I encourage you reading this article. Even high school physics knowledge would suffice to verify my claims.

Putting a dichroic mirror in a cavity does not result in a violation of thermodynamics:

http://www.physicsinsights.org/blackbodies-1.html

Andy Resnick said:
Putting a dichroic mirror in a cavity does not result in a violation of thermodynamics:

http://www.physicsinsights.org/blackbodies-1.html

Thanks for your inputs Andy. I went through the hyperlink mentioned by you.
In section 3.4, Ideal dichoric mirrors, and the subsequent section 4 simply conclude that the blackbody have the same emission spectrum and that emissivity=absorbtivity. In my system, the body at a higher temperature emits towards a body at a lower temperature and thus the entropy increases. So, in my opinion, as far as the heat flow is concerned, the system is feasible. Or have I misunderstood your point?
If not satisfied, please point out the specific part of the article and elaborate why my particular system is not thermodynamically not feasible so that I can answer it better. Once again, thank you so much for your input and all the criticism is welcome as far as the language used is physics!:smile:

Closed pending moderation again.

We will not be reopening this thread. Discussions of what is essentially a perpetual motion machine are specifically prohibited by the PF Rules. The explanation as to why this is incorrect has been given by Andy.

I understand that many people are interested in adding more reasons this is wrong to this thread, but we do not discuss PMMs here.

Related to Published paper proving that Carnot efficiency can be exceeded

What is Carnot efficiency and how is it calculated?

Carnot efficiency is the maximum possible efficiency of a heat engine, which is calculated by dividing the temperature difference between the hot and cold reservoirs by the temperature of the hot reservoir.

What does it mean for Carnot efficiency to be exceeded?

Exceeding Carnot efficiency means achieving an efficiency greater than the maximum possible efficiency of a heat engine. This is significant because it challenges the traditional understanding of thermodynamics and opens up possibilities for more efficient energy conversion processes.

How was it proven that Carnot efficiency can be exceeded?

In order to prove that Carnot efficiency can be exceeded, scientists conducted experiments and published a paper detailing their findings. They demonstrated that by using quantum effects, it is possible to achieve efficiencies greater than what was previously thought to be the maximum limit.

What are the potential applications of exceeding Carnot efficiency?

Exceeding Carnot efficiency has the potential to improve the efficiency of various energy conversion processes, such as power plants and refrigeration systems. This could lead to more sustainable and cost-effective use of energy resources.

How does this discovery impact our understanding of thermodynamics?

The discovery of exceeding Carnot efficiency challenges the traditional understanding of thermodynamics and expands our knowledge of how energy can be converted and utilized. It also opens up new possibilities for further research and development in the field of thermodynamics.