PTRAC File - MCNP - Multi-core computing

In summary, the conversation is about using MCNP 6.2 to model a cold neutron source for the Brazilian multipurpose reactor project. The group is interested in obtaining a PTRAC file in the CNS region through multi-core computing and is asking for advice on how to execute it. They also discuss the limitations of thermal scattering libraries at low temperatures and the potential need for OpenMP or MPI for the computer.
Luizpo
Homework Statement:: PTRAC File - MCNP - Multi-core computing
Relevant Equations:: No equations

My name is Luiz. I am a postdoc at the institute of energy and nuclear research in São Paulo-Brazil.
Our group models a cold neutron source (CNS) for the Brazilian multipurpose reactor project, through MCNP 6.2.
We need a PTRAC file in the CNS region and would like to know if it is possible to obtain this file through multi-core computing. If yes, how should we execute it?

Engineering news on Phys.org
I may not be the right person to answer, but this sounds interesting. I assume you will be basing this off the libraries .05c or 0.85c, but the thermal scattering libraries have very few options at low temperature. Is your setup 18 liters of liquid deuterium at 20K?

Why is PTRAC important and will it have very narrow criteria? Only I'm not sure CPU capacity will be limiting if it's streaming a large number of events to disk. What do you know of the computer, do you need to use OpenMP or MPI?