Quickly Accessing Active User Topics: Tips and Tricks

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, to access your currently active topics, you can use the search function with your user name, or you can bookmark the pages that have information about the topics you are interested in.
Loren Booda
How do you access your currently active topics? I use the search function with my user name, which seems awkward compared to the old PF.

Physics news on Phys.org
On the forums home page, top right hand corner, "view new posts" is that what your looking for?

A link in the top right hand corner of your user profile is a shorcut to that search.

I usually get noticed via email

Robin,

no, that is the comprehensive, sitewide list of new topics, not ones that I have participated in specifically. Thanks anyway.

one_raven,

could you go into more detail for me? (Stupid question: where exactly is the user profile? Under "user cp"?)

Originally posted by Loren Booda
one_raven,

could you go into more detail for me? (Stupid question: where exactly is the user profile? Under "user cp"?)

Look just below this area where the post is.
You see a collection of buttons.
One is labeled "Profile".
If you click on that, it will take you to my profile.
On the top right-hand corner, there is a link that says "Search for all posts by this user".
If you scroll up to one of your posts, and click the "Profile" button under it, it will take you to your profile in which you can do the same thing.

Or, to make it easier...
https://www.physicsforums.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=20
or...
https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=54425 and it will take you to the page that displays all your posts.

You can bookmark these pages.

Last edited by a moderator:
one_raven,

Verrry cool! Can I quoth you on that?

Originally posted by one_raven
(SNIP) If you click on that, it will take you to my profile.
On the top right-hand corner, there is a link that says "Search for all posts by this user".
If you scroll up to one of your posts, and click the "Profile" button under it, it will take you to your profile in which you can do the same thing. (SNoP)
Or you can (this post, or any post any poster makes) simply click on the search button on the bottom left hand side of this post to get all of my postings listed, or on anyones search button, (under/in/on their post) will give you all of there posts

Also, in User CP, there is a button called 'My vB Home'. If you click on that, it will give you a list of all the threads you are subscribed to.

edit: if you want REAL fast access to it all of the time, once you are there, dbl click on the explorer icon in your address box and drag it down to your links bar. You can rename it anything you want with a right click.

Last edited:

1. What is meant by "accessing active user topics"?

"Accessing active user topics" refers to the process of retrieving information or data related to the topics that are currently being discussed or engaged with by users on a particular platform or website.

2. Why is it important to access active user topics?

Accessing active user topics can provide valuable insights into the interests and preferences of the target audience. This information can be used to improve products, services, and marketing strategies to better cater to the needs of the users.

3. How can active user topics be accessed?

Active user topics can be accessed through various methods such as data mining, social media monitoring, and analytics tools. These tools can track and analyze user interactions, discussions, and trends on different platforms to identify the most popular and relevant topics.

4. What are the benefits of accessing active user topics?

Some of the benefits of accessing active user topics include gaining a better understanding of the target audience, identifying potential opportunities for growth and improvement, and staying updated on current trends and discussions in the industry.

5. Are there any ethical concerns when accessing active user topics?

Yes, there can be ethical concerns when accessing active user topics. It is important to consider the privacy of users and ensure that their personal information is not being used without their consent. Additionally, the data collected should be used responsibly and not for malicious purposes.