Have you been PERSONALLY wronged by the US?

• News
  • Thread starter russ_watters
  • Start date
In summary: Originally posted by russ_watters In summary, people in here believe that they have been wronged by the US, specifically because of unfair tariffs. Some have lost their jobs, while others believe that they have paid too much in taxes. Some even think that the troops that the US loves so much are responsible for their personal wrongs. None of these experiences compare to the gravity page example, which is the only one that anyone can specifically point to.
russ_watters
Mentor
A handful of people in here have claimed to have been PERSONALLY wronged by the US. Would anyone care to share exactly HOW they have been wronged? I really am curious. It appears to me that a lot of the anti-US sentiment in here comes from people's beliefs that the US has somehow screwed them over personally.

Not to pick on you, Mr. Robin Parsons, but I'm going to use you as an example because you were the only one who was at all specific on this (please correct me if I got it wrong). You lost your job as a result of unfair US tariffs on imported Canadian lumber, right?

Anyone else care to share similar experiences?

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you really need to be asking this question now, russ, considering what Tuesday is? :wink:

Originally posted by russ_watters
A handful of people in here have claimed to have been PERSONALLY wronged by the US. Would anyone care to share exactly HOW they have been wronged? I really am curious. It appears to me that a lot of the anti-US sentiment in here comes from people's beliefs that the US has somehow screwed them over personally.

Not to pick on you, Mr. Robin Parsons, but I'm going to use you as an example because you were the only one who was at all specific on this (please correct me if I got it wrong). You lost your job as a result of unfair US tariffs on imported Canadian lumber, right?

Anyone else care to share similar experiences?

So Sorry, not even close russ, way farther, deeper, longer, way more important and larger then something as small as that, russ.

I'll post you a link russ, just a moment...

Yes I've been wronged!

I can't believe the taxes I paid. No wonder the economy is slow.

Regards

Originally posted by GENIERE
Yes I've been wronged!

I can't believe the taxes I paid. No wonder the economy is slow.

Regards

Your taxes paid those troops you love so much...

Part of the problem, I think, is that people lump individuals with larger groups. Have people worldwide been screwed over by America? Sure, when you identify individuals and single groups from America as being America.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by damgo
Do you really need to be asking this question now, russ, considering what Tuesday is? :wink:
damn you for hijacking my thread

Um, Mr. Robin Parsons, you've been wronged by GRAVITY and that's the US's fault? [?] Might I suggest you join a GYM?!

Originally posted by damgo
Okay I must be totally ignorant, what is tuesday.

Oh, nevermind, I am such an idiot, tuesday's the fiveteenth of April, in otherwards the tax man cometh. I see know the irony. Good thing I've had my done for months and I'm getting a refund!

Um, Mr. Robin Parsons, you've been wronged by GRAVITY and that's the US's fault? [?] Might I suggest you join a GYM?!

Once again russ, you seem to wish to think that you can figure out the reality without facts, as you are missing so many.

The reference to the gravity pages in because I have very intimate and unique knowledge of exactly how gravity works, comes into being.

That knowledge could lead to a gravitationally powered flying craft, and as I had asked the question, in these forums, (PF 2.0 actually) the political implications of such an ability, the responses where concordant inasmuch as basically they all agreed that if the US didn't have it, they would invade to get it, they would not allow someone else to have it exclusively.

Hence russ, being the guy who has that knowledge, it is simple enough to add two plus two and figure out why I cannot get the accreditation for the work that I did here in Canada that served all 33,000,000 Canadians, was hailed as a "Victory for all of the Children of Canada" and had the lovely effect of giving the adult parents of the children Peace of Mind!

That russ, (Peace of Mind!) is something that you cannot 'cost out', it is priceless what I had been able to assist in affording all of them, plus we have the added bonus of the present owner of the copyrights as having the opportunity to have it service many more people then just the people's of Canada.

I have earned the right to be a public person in my own country russ, and that right is, presently, being violated.

Takes some kind of pull/power to keep the press from reporting on something russ, but apparently you remain oblivious of it, not to fault you, as I already know, am aware of, just how little you actually know about me, and my past history.

BTW russ, I had 'helped' in the US, first, back in the early nineties, but you know nothing of that, and I simply do not feel like telling you.

Have I been personally wronged by the US?, NO, not the entire country as per it's peoples, but by a small group of Americans?, political and otherwise, You Bet'cha!

Perhaps the Anti-US sentiment is not necessarily based on a personal wrong, but rather a distaste of the US policy?

edited for SP

Originally posted by Sting
Perhaps the Anti-US sentiment is not necessarily based on a personal wrong, but rather a distaste of the US policy?

Is this a reference to me?? as I am most assuredly NOT Anti-US, not in sentiment, not in belief, nor in practice.

As for policies, HUH?

What's gone on with me is, sorta, a very personal attack, done in private, out of the view/knowledge of the general public, hence, reprehensible in it's nature, repugnant in it's longevity, and disgusting as activity.

In my case it is first unusual, then, once that is understood, it is then very obvious that it is intentionally done, and exceedingly cruel to do, to someone like myself as per the reasons why it is being done in the first place!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
Once again russ, you seem to wish to think that you can figure out the reality without facts, as you are missing so many.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Ok, but in another thread did you not complain about losing your job due to US trade policy?
The reference to the gravity pages in because I have very intimate and unique knowledge of exactly how gravity works, comes into being.

That knowledge could lead to a gravitationally powered flying craft, and as I had asked the question, in these forums, (PF 2.0 actually) the political implications of such an ability, the responses where concordant inasmuch as basically they all agreed that if the US didn't have it, they would invade to get it, they would not allow someone else to have it exclusively.
Ok so I apparently have completely misunderstood you. You are mad because the US won't acknowlede your conquering of gravity. Ok... [smiles, nods, and backs away slowly...]

I don't quite follow. The powers-that-be in the USA willfully destroyed Mr Parsons' life because he had invented a gravitationally powered airship and they didn't like the idea? Can someone join the dots for me.

it would seem to me that this thread is labeled to a specific individual rather then the forum as a whole...if you wish to address a specific member, use the pm system...

Sorry Kerrie, it won't happen again. I promise. :wink: :smile:

Kerrie perhaps this will help

14/04/2003

So russ, I find it fascinating that you find The piece you quote as the priori, when it is the act I have undertaken, in Canada, that is about the reality of my current existence, in a tent, in a field.

Had I gotten the accreditation of what I had contributed to the act of that day my current situation would in no way be what it currently is. It was an act of undue kindness upon the Justices of the Court that they did not mention my name as I had mentioned that I had valued my Right to Privacy. (See; “The Queens life”)

The knowledge that I have demonstrated in gravity is simply what it is, it makes me no harm to anyone, no threat to anyone, certainly no “National Security Risk” in the Nation that I live in, Have a Right to What I have EARNED, with no ‘outside’ influences having ANY justification to interfere in my right to Accreditation owed me, even/especially (as it should be) if it is done in PRIVATE!

It is a Distinctly Canadian Affair russ.

The Knowledge of Gravity russ, is simply an ‘aside evidence’ of my person, of what I have learned in my life, the accumulation of knowledge, what I can, By God’s Grace, produce as a work.

That you russ would see it as Mad’d’d’d’d’d’ness’ssss, OOOOOOUUUUUUUUH! The “Bogeyman Cometh” simply tells of the lack, in you, for being explorative/curious, as all persons who study should be, knowledge being the cooperative interconnector that it is, it shows that you would be lacking in any Pioneer Spirit, the ones that lead us all forward in the knowing of Universal Matters, quite literally.

That takes some imagination russ, but you probably think I don’t know anything about that either, so why bother……………….because it is worth it!

Is this a reference to me?? as I am most assuredly NOT Anti-US, not in sentiment, not in belief, nor in practice.

No, I was referring to no one in particular.

Not agreeing with the policies of the US (or any government) doesn't necessarily make you anti-government or anything. I don't agree with some of the foreign policies of the US but since when did anyone ever agree with absolutely everything?

I am sick of the whole "either you're with us or against us" concept because people tend to use that to target people who just don't happen to agree with the policy at hand.

Originally posted by Sting

I am sick of the whole "either you're with us or against us" concept because people tend to use that to target people who just don't happen to agree with the policy at hand.

Well, it certainly allows people to avoid actually thinking, doesn't it? They can lable you as an enemy, and make up whatever motives for your opinion that they like. Simple, elegant...who cares how wrong they are?

Originally posted by Kerrie
it would seem to me that this thread is labeled to a specific individual rather then the forum as a whole...if you wish to address a specific member, use the pm system...
Sorry Kerrie. Its turned into that, but it wasn't meant that way - there are at least half a dozen frequent users of this particular forum who have implied that they have been personally wronged by the US. I was trying to pull that all into one thread (failure).
I don't quite follow. The powers-that-be in the USA willfully destroyed Mr Parsons' life because he had invented a gravitationally powered airship and they didn't like the idea? Can someone join the dots for me.
I'm really not sure, N_quire, but that's what it sounded like to me. But it appears its just a Canadian thing...
So russ, I find it fascinating that you find The piece you quote as the priori, when it is the act I have undertaken, in Canada, that is about the reality of my current existence, in a tent, in a field.
Mr. Robin Parson's, that's why I asked. I wanted to clarify what you wrote in another thread. Thanks for clarifying it.

Well, it certainly allows people to avoid actually thinking, doesn't it? They can lable you as an enemy, and make up whatever motives for your opinion that they like. Simple, elegant...who cares how wrong they are?
Zero, an enemy is anyone I say is my enemy. I don't need a justification unless I want to convince OTHER PEOPLE to have the same enemies. I could say Saddam is my enemy because I don't like his moustache. It really doesn't matter.

I like how the word 'democracy' wasn't mentioned until a day before the start of the war. Yeah, that's it, we're spreading 'democracy.' And look how well that plan worked. Now we're threatening Syria, our ally just a week ago. Iraq was our ally in WW2, and more sneakily so during the 80's. It's kind of like we're terrorizing the middle east. Ironic.

Originally posted by schwarzchildradius
I like how the word 'democracy' wasn't mentioned until a day before the start of the war. Yeah, that's it, we're spreading 'democracy.' And look how well that plan worked. Now we're threatening Syria, our ally just a week ago. Iraq was our ally in WW2, and more sneakily so during the 80's. It's kind of like we're terrorizing the middle east. Ironic.
Certainly Bush tailored his arguements to who he was talking to and the political climate. I have absolutely no problem with that.

And no, Syria was NOT our ally a week ago.

Zero, an enemy is anyone I say is my enemy. I don't need a justification unless I want to convince OTHER PEOPLE to have the same enemies. I could say Saddam is my enemy because I don't like his moustache. It really doesn't matter.

Yeah, sure...unless you are the president, and you can murder whoever you like based on your whim and a belief that a magical being designated you king of the world.

Originally posted by Russ_watters

Mr. Robin Parson's, that’s why I asked. I wanted to clarify what you wrote in another thread. Thanks for clarifying it.

Just so you don't miss it russ, this still apparently seems to involve American politics, sadly, as it shouldn't at all.

Your President has the rights to attempt to assuage Fears "Real or Imagined", as you would, and I could, well point out. Inasmuch as what I presently know cannot produce such a craft/device, then all that is left, is that, at present, it is an Imaginary thing,

Hence there exists no right to any affectation of the course of my life, by your President either in Canadian law, American law, nor in International law, not to the best of my knowledge.

How's about you russ, know "anywheres" that your President would have any right to threaten my country, economically, as to ensure that I remain anonymous, (read 'POOR' russ!) in respect of general public knowledge.

Your President is not acting upon Imaginary Fears now is he russ, as that would be a sign of Executive Incompetence, reason for dismissal, a sign of paranoia, lack of mental sanity, to powerful a position to allow it to be occupied by someone who is NOT sane and rational, russ.

Understand me?

Heck russ, as far as I know, it would even be against American law, I could, upon proof of it, have your president charged in his own country!

No body wants it that way russ, but I would like to be free, freed from the (INVISIBLE) prison of impoverishment that I am entrapped within.

That's something just about anyone would fight for/against russ, whichever of those two directions is directed towards personal Freedom, russ.

It is that simple!

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
Understand me?
No. I haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about. You are utterly incoherent. Don't bother trying to clarify again. Its not working.

16/04/2003

So russ, you don't want me to clarify the situation because you seem to wish to not understand something...

The highlight of my day, today, russ, is that I am to get two meals today russ, 2 whole meals today russ.

My caloric intake is such that, as I have resumed living in my tent (which is, if your age on the "What’s your age?" page, is true, older then you russ, as I had purchased it in 1973) the amount of food calories that I am getting, is causing me to lose weight, such that my track pants are slipping down off of my waist, as I have returned to pedaling the ~twenty kilometers a day that affords me the privacy, in my sleep, that is not available when I stayed in the emergency shelters, with fourteen, or eighteen, "Other" People, russ.

The reality russ is such that, as Alias had stated I had "made your governments list", (The latest 'Patriot act', something like that?) and as you can well be aware, that would make me a "known" to your government. (And 'unknown' as well!)

Russ, for someone who had served his country in the manner that I have, at the level of the Supreme Court of Canada, hence affording the government a bar of precedence of the supply of a "Previously Unrecognized" "Self Evident Truth", as to have reason to react, coupled with the additional bonus of it being a "Universal(ly) Common Truth", (with respect to Human Beings) making it a precedent that, will, most likely, never be duplicated by another Canadian, leaves them with 'no fear' of any actions that they would take, with me, requiring duplication, in the future.

Heck russ, if someone else can come up with the same level of 'operand', then they (the Government) should absolutely do something to help to preserve the intellect (hence the person) that had accomplished it, as that person is a national treasure, and worth preserving! (least any sensible person would know that)

You do not starve off the intellect that feeds you russ, it is simply the stupidest of thoughts, to think that, as proper public policy.

Keeping me 'unrecognized' is the simplest manner of imprisonment of me, imprisoning my creativity, as I lack the funding to be furthering the creativity that I have demonstrated in my life, imprisoning me as to the ability travel, even in my own country, imprisoning me in my social relations, hence fostering a very false perception of my true nature, and character, and imprisoning my health, as I have not the ability to direct my own life, in the simplest of needs, and I have EARNED THE RIGHT TO IT!

So tell me russ, do you think that the Canadian government, a group of intelligent people, would intentionally act in such a manner, against all good and common sense??

Sorry I started this thread, Kerrie. :frown:

I'm not!

16/04/2003

So russ, what is it that you are missing here?

By God's Grace I have unique knowledge of how gravity works, your President, what? feigning his nations interests? wants that knowledge for his country?, to the point where he would threaten the Canadian people?, by way of the Canadian Government?, (My Prime Minister russ) to keep me?, in place?, till he decides what to do with me?.

NOT A CHANCE! russ, would I allow that to happen, but I might not have the power to do that russ, so, I would simply be stuck, Homeless, and unable to break free of the prison of poverty that has place to surround me.

But why would I believe that, why wouldn't the Canadian Government be willing to acknowledge someone who had served the country so, aside from the simplistic fact of it, that, for them to NOT do so, is ILLEGAL russ!

So why would a government of a country be willing to break it's own laws russ? unless they were being threatened russ, that's why russ, it is a simple measure of just how valuable what I know works out to be, over time, russ, that's why, it's for the money, the leadership position, the value of the facts that I know russ, as I had shown it to people in the US first, back in late 1997, (I say 98 sometimes, as that is when, I knew, they knew, too!) so it is a part of history that was played out privately, hence the opportunity to attempt to control me, by the difficulty of getting the general public to know, and understand, and accept, the reality of it all.

You don't think that your President could have me ignored by my government russ? Is that the problem here russ?? your apparent willingness to dis-believe a truth when it is presented to you (Yes I know, not all of it has been, sooooooo) Your un-willingness to accept a premise that, your President is suppressing an intellectual, from another country, feigning his 'National' Interests, as some kind of reason for such a heinous act?

Because russ, clearly that is UN-AMERICAN! no doubts, questions, detractions, deferrals, obfuscations, nothing russ, it is simply as stated; UN-AMERICAN! russ, UN-AMERICAN!

Get that russ?

Last questions russ, do you really think that I like talking like this russ? saying these things about your President russ?, are you nuts russ? Have you got any idea of the risks here russ?? Do you realize that I am fighting for my very existence? my right to my existence russ?

My right to have an enjoyable life based upon having the right to the fruits of my labors russ, not a reason in the world for my government to ignore me russ, I have the right to be an internationally recognized person, an internationally PROTECTED Person, I am a Canadian Historical person for the work with the Supreme Court of Canada, and an International Historic Figure for it having helped in the world, aside from being capable, by God’s Grace, of doing the rest of the work to the end of gravity, which would only further the International Reputation that I have a right to russ.

Your President has NO RIGHT to interfere with any of that russ, NO rights at it, at all!

But russ, I am still un-acknowledged, still ignored, still left in the dark waiting, still owed russ, still owed! It’s MY TIME that is being wasted russ, my time, my precious and valuable time russ, how Stuuuuuupid is that russ, truly STUPID!

This started with me offering this to the US russ, long time past, their response was a tacit, and spoken, ”NO”, russ, hence I started looking elsewhere’s, as I have every right in the world to do! Any offers I had made were withdrawn, as I had the right to do, as none were ever even so little as talked about, not with me at least!

Heck russ, I could prove to you that I had started helping, in the world, some time back, as I have stated russ, I had helped in the US first, that went un-acknowledged as well, (Not my fault) even though it is provably enormous how I had helped!

So why now, am I punished, why do I need suffer this?, for what I have done?? What I did was/is a GOOD THING

And your not happy you started this thread

Russ, what do you make of this? I want your reply Russ and give it fast Russ. I want to know the whole truth Russ and give it to me whole and untarnished Russ.

Originally posted by N_Quire
Russ, what do you make of this? I want your reply Russ and give it fast Russ. I want to know the whole truth Russ and give it to me whole and untarnished Russ.
Um...no. :wink:

If you are looking for general reasons, try amazon.com search for "Why do People Hate America"
I was being more specific. But clearly I got TOO specific.

russ you seem like a nice enough person, why don't you go read the last posting I made on the Proof of Gravity thread, you might like it, it is factual evidence, not, just my opinion.

Neat stuff russ.

i have been personally wronged by the US because my personal safety level is being eroded so the people in power can make some money(partially at my expense) and pursue their ridiculous dreams of absolute power.. DAMNIT!

Right on, brother!