Where do you guys go to college?

• Thread starter brum
  • Start date
  • Tags
    College
In summary, Participants in this conversation have attended various universities such as Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, San Diego State University, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, UCLA, OSU (Oregon State), University of Maryland College Park, UNSW, Butler University, McGill University, TESC (Thomas Edison State College), Wake Forest University, and a university in New Zealand. They also discuss the benefits of distance learning and mention majors such as mechanical engineering and computational physics.
brum
Where do you guys go to college??

Which univeristy do you currently / used to attend?

Physics news on Phys.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

Originally posted by brum
Which univeristy do you currently / used to attend?

HEARTBREAK RIDGE!

San Diego State University!

UCLA and OSU

IUPUI now, DePauw, IPFW, and OSU (Oregon State) previously

University of Maryland, College Park

UNSW
University of New South Wales (Sydney Australia)

Butler U. (just down the street from Linda at ooey-pooey), but a long time ago.

McGill University

Yet another for OSU, Oregon State.

TESC, Thomas Edison State College.

This is a distance learning school. I recommend this style of school to anyone who can learn with minimal or no personal instruction from a teacher. It's far cheaper, and I find it more challanging than when I went to a regular college (Glassboro State in NJ before it changed its name to Rowan University). The schedule is flexible and can fit a working lifestyle.

My major is Mechanical Engineering.

I study computational physics at Wake Forest University.

-PoN

A university in New Zealand.

1. Where did you attend college?

I attended college at the University of California, Berkeley.

2. What is your degree in?

I have a Bachelor of Science in Biology and a Master of Science in Molecular and Cell Biology.

3. Did you do any research in college?

Yes, I was involved in several research projects during my time in college. I worked in a lab studying cancer genetics and also did a summer internship in a biotech company.

4. How did your college experience prepare you for your career as a scientist?

My college experience was crucial in preparing me for my career as a scientist. I gained a strong foundation in scientific principles and techniques, and also developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills through coursework and research projects.

5. Would you recommend your alma mater to aspiring scientists?

I would highly recommend my alma mater to aspiring scientists. The University of California, Berkeley has a strong reputation for its rigorous academic programs and cutting-edge research opportunities. It also has a diverse and inclusive community that fosters collaboration and innovation.