Photon structure - light decyphering

Thank you for your interest in basic photon structure and its application in interstellar light deciphering. As of now, we do not know the structure of photons, but we do know that they are elementary particles that interact with each other in a certain way. We may one day uncover their structure, which could potentially involve strings, vacuum states, or units of space-time topology. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Victor
Interested on someone furthering information on basic photon structure. Intended for use towards interstellar light decyphering. If any questions, I will gladly answer them.

Million thanks,
Victor J. Kairé S.
vjkaires13@hotmail.com

Science news on Phys.org
Ok, not sure on the nature of your post, but the photon is an elementry structure, so its not made up of anything.

There are no "elementary" particles. We call them so because as of today we don't know their structure yet.

All we know they all are a quantum wavebunch interacting with each other certain way. But one day we may learn about their structure whether it is string(s), or state(s) of vacuum, or space-time topology unit(s), etc.

You can find some info about the hadronic 'structure' of the photon -- eg what distribution of quarks it tends to switch into via second-order interactions -- by googling 'photon structure functions.' Probably not what you wanted, though.

Photon structure

damgo,

Thank you for your reply, I will go googling, see what I find. On probably it is not what I wanted, you never know, one thing may take to another. Again, many thanks.

Sincerely yours,
Victor J. Kairé S.
vjkaires13@hotmail.com

Photon structure

Alexander,

Thank you for your reply. Is there anyone at the time, that you may know of, that is dealing with investigations on the matter of photon structure, that I may aproach?

Sincerely yours,
Victor J. Kairé S.
vjkaires13@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Alexander
There are no "elementary" particles. We call them so because as of today we don't know their structure yet.

All we know they all are a quantum wavebunch interacting with each other certain way. But one day we may learn about their structure whether it is string(s), or state(s) of vacuum, or space-time topology unit(s), etc.

1. What is a photon?

A photon is the smallest unit of light, carrying energy and electromagnetic radiation.

2. How does a photon behave?

A photon exhibits both wave-like and particle-like behavior, known as wave-particle duality. This means that it can act as a wave, propagating through space, or as a particle, interacting with matter.

3. What is the structure of a photon?

A photon has no mass or charge, and is considered to be a point-like particle. It is made up of an oscillating electric field and a perpendicular magnetic field, both of which are perpendicular to the direction of travel.

4. How is light deciphered by studying photon structure?

By understanding the structure of photons, scientists can gain insight into the properties and behavior of light. This can help in the development of new technologies, such as lasers and optical communication systems.

5. Can the structure of a photon be altered?

No, the structure of a photon is determined by its energy and frequency, which are constant. However, the behavior of a photon can be affected by external factors, such as gravitational fields or interactions with other particles.