Tonight I Visit The The Bowlless Bowl

• Thread starter TENYEARS
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of being in the matrix and how it can lead to a cleansing and clearer understanding. The participants also mention a new movie and personal visions that have been experienced. Ideas about proving the existence of an unseen reality and the role of consistency in understanding are also discussed. The conversation ends with a suggestion to try out ideas on a smaller scale before presenting them to the world.
Originally posted by Zero
Actually, if you bothered to read his stuff...you would know how wrong your statement is.
Then I'm sure you're familiar with the Pigasus Awards? Hmm ... A pig with wings? It kind of brings to mind Pegasus, the winged horse of Greek Mythology? Now I remember him bringing this up on the program I watched, and I think it was about the time that he expounded on the nature of superstitious beliefs, and I couldn't help but believe he was mocking the Pegasus of Greek Mythology. Which suggests to me that he has no perception or understanding whatsoever, of what the Pegasus entails. And that's sad. For indeed there's a great deal more to the Greek Myths than what this man would hold up to mock and ridicule.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, the Pigasus Awards are FUNNY...and mythology should be mocked too, you know! So should religion, frankly...not the PC thing to say, but I still think it is semi-true.

Well, the Pigasus Awards are FUNNY...and mythology should be mocked too, you know! So should religion, frankly...not the PC thing to say, but I still think it is semi-true.
And let the truth be known!

If you need someone to show you you are right you will never be right.

Originally posted by TENYEARS
If you need someone to show you you are right you will never be right.

Yeah, why check with others when you can invent 'truth' from the whole cloth of your imagination.

Truth is not invented it is. Anyone that needs an ontarage of idiots to prove something is an idiot(it's ok it's not a permanant state).

Truth is not invented it is. Anyone that needs an ontarage of idiots to prove something is an idiot(it's ok it's not a permanant state).

If you are claiming that objective truth comes simply from your mind...you are saying that your imagination is truth.

Getting closer.

Originally posted by Iacchus32
Actually, based upon the two or three pages that I visited, there's a great deal of information that can be gleaned without having to cough up the $98.00. In fact I don't recall seeing that on any of the pages I visited?

Here you go...

http://www.probablefuture.com/order.htm [Broken]

Scroll down and you will see accepted credit cards and the $98 package is the cheapest. There are other more expensive packages below that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting closer.

So the closer I come, the further I have to go from what is generally considered to be sanity and rational thought?

Originally posted by Fliption
Here you go...

http://www.probablefuture.com/order.htm [Broken]

Scroll down and you will see accepted credit cards and the $98 package is the cheapest. There are other more expensive packages below that.
So? And what if these guys are on the level? You would probably have to pay a lot more than that to visit a shrink. Based upon what I've seen on the site, these guys are practically giving it away anyway.

Which, brings up an interesting question. Why is it that only man, out of the whole of Creation, requires the need to "get his head together," by visting a psychiatrist, shrink or whatever? Doesn't that seem kind of odd? And why is it that man seems to have the incessant need to build all these instituions (monuments, monoliths, et al) around himself? I mean what gives?

So? ... And what if these guys are on the level? You would probably have to pay a lot more than to visit a shrink.

Which, brings up an interesting question. Why is it that only man, out of the whole of Creation, requires the need to "get his head together," by visting a psychiatrist, shrink or whatever? Doesn't that seem kind of odd? And why is it that man seems to have the incessant need to build all these instituions (monuments, monoliths, et al) around himself? I mean what gives?

It could simply be because we think further into teh future, and ask more questions, and the need for an answer unsettles us.

So? ... And what if these guys are on the level? You would probably have to pay a lot more than to visit a shrink.

Well, I am always a bit leary when people are asking for my money. But maybe that's just me. Here is the question that I always ask myself.. "If I had the knowledge or ability that this person claims to have, would I be selling it to other people?" The answer is almost always "no". If money is needed to fund "getting the word out" then there is almost always better ways to do it. In this case, if money is what I need then I would take James Randi up on his offer and demonstrate remote viewing. Then I wouldn't need to charge $98 to change the world. Once you've won the million dollars going through this test, the world will definitely begin to change. With James Randi's help I might add!

My question will also keep you from buying any get rich quick schemes. If you know how to get rich quick then why are you bothering to sell it to me for a fee? LOL. You could claim you're doing it out of the kindness of your heart, but the act of spreading such an idea would utlimately seal it's doom. Thats how capitalism works.

Overall, answering these questions rationally just doesn't lend a whole lot of credibility to these websites and ideas.

Last edited:
In this case, if money is what I need then I would take James Randi up on his offer and demonstrate remote viewing. Then I wouldn't need to charge $98 to change the world. Once you've won the million dollars going through this test, the world will definitely begin to change. With James Randi's help I might add!

That is the truth, isn't it? If there were anything solid to it, all you would have to do is get James Randi to test you, and you could write your own ticket from there!

That is the truth, isn't it? If there were anything solid to it, all you would have to do is get James Randi to test you, and you could write your own ticket from there!

With what little I know of him and his program, yes I have to agree. I would much rather jump through his hoops then go to the trouble of setting up websites, brochures, and infommercials to sell my products. Not to mention all the trouble I go through to bill and collect from my customers, and prepare my business tax returns. UGH! And the last thing I would want to do is go to all this trouble and teach people how to do this only to have them go collect the $1M!

IMO, what this $1M offer accomplishes is that it automatically exposes all these type of sites as frauds because it automatically puts their motivations in question. I can't think of a single rational reason why they would do what they are doing if they were legit. It is much easier to believe they can't do anything special and are taking advantage of people to earn some quick bucks.

With what little I know of him and his program, yes I have to agree. I would much rather jump through his hoops then go to the trouble of setting up websites, brochures, and infommercials to sell my products. Not to mention all the trouble I go through to bill and collect from my customers, and prepare my business tax returns. UGH! And the last thing I would want to do is go to all this trouble and teach people how to do this only to have them go collect the $1M!

IMO, what this $1M offer accomplishes is that it automatically exposes all these type of sites as frauds because it automatically puts their motivations in question. I can't think of a single rational reason why they would do what they are doing if they were legit. It is much easier to believe they can't do anything special and are taking advantage of people to earn some quick bucks.

And Randi has his tests done independently, the money is in a trust, and you can set the terms of the test, within limits. If I had magic powers, I'd walk in, do the test, and never work another day in my life. Even if you were a good faker, if you could convince Randi, it would be worth possible millions in publicity.

Well, I am always a bit leary when people are asking for my money. But maybe that's just me. Here is the question that I always ask myself.. "If I had the knowledge or ability that this person claims to have, would I be selling it to other people?" The answer is almost always "no". If money is needed to fund "getting the word out" then there is almost always better ways to do it. In this case, if money is what I need then I would take James Randi up on his offer and demonstrate remote viewing. Then I wouldn't need to charge $98 to change the world. Once you've won the million dollars going through this test, the world will definitely begin to change. With James Randi's help I might add!
Unfortunately (I guess?) in a capitalist society money is the rate of exchage, so instead of asking for barter in exchange for services (although I guess that's probably still capitalism), we ask for money. "The workman is worth his meat." While I hate to tell you this, a lot of us don't "believe" in James Randi.

My question will also keep you from buying any get rich quick schemes. If you know how to get rich quick then why are you bothering to sell it to me for a fee? LOL. You could claim you're doing it out of the kindness of your heart, but the act of spreading such an idea would utlimately seal it's doom. Thats how capitalism works.

Overall, answering these questions rationally just doesn't lend a whole lot of credibility to these websites and ideas.
I did happen to check out the "order page" by the way, and noticed they're offering a 30 day money back guarantee, so that might help to ease the uncertainty of some people. That's capitalism at work too now isn't it?

Last edited:
While I hate to tell you this, a lot of us don't "believe" in James Randi.

Regardless of what you believe, he DOES at least exist...and I can PROVE IT. Anyhoo, I don't believe in him...worship belongs to your side of the argument, not mine...and you guys will follow anyone or anything yourheart so desires, without any proof but teh good feelings that comfortable lies provide.

Then that sounds to me like there's no sense of a commitment on your part. You know what they say, put your money (and hence resources) where your mouth is.

Then by this you're "implying" that the guys who do remote viewing are not legitimate ... whatever.

Then by this you're "implying" that the guys who do remote viewing are not legitimate ... whatever.

He might imply it..I am saying outright that it is a scam, a fraud, and a delusion, until someone presents evidence to the contrary. ANd, by evidence, I mean more than anecdotes, I mean something that can be submitted for peer-review.

Regardless of what you believe, he DOES at least exist...and I can PROVE IT. Anyhoo, I don't believe in him...worship belongs to your side of the argument, not mine...and you guys will follow anyone or anything yourheart so desires, without any proof but teh good feelings that comfortable lies provide.
Yes, but can you "prove" his intentions? Ahh, it's just a big act and you know it!

Yes, but can you "prove" his intentions? Ahh, it's just a big act and you know it!

Well, it is easy...all someone has to do is accept the test!

Well, it is easy...all someone has to do is accept the test!
If somebody believes in something strongly enough, then they should be willing to put their money where there mouth is and not have to rely upon somebody like James Randi for support. Matter of fact I think people would find it much more believable if you were to do the work yourself, rather than "selling out" to some crackpot like James Randi.

If somebody believes in something strongly enough, then they should be willing to put their money where there mouth is and not have to rely upon somebody like James Randi for support. Matter of fact I think people would find it much more believable if you were to do the work yourself, rather than "selling out" to some crackpot like James Randi.
But the million dollar test is not a matter of proving their belief - it is a certificate confirming the execution of a controlled, scientifically objective test. It is not a matter of relying on selling out to randi, it's a legal idea - the independent witness. And Randi is about as independent from any claim of paranormal activity as you can get. The randi fund was never about the money - it was about putting something to a reasonable scrutiny in an environment where someone's intentions or beliefs are irrelevant. Randi does not fudge the tests. They are not impossible tests, but tests carried out regularly in any scientific work.
There is no apparently reasonable reason why anyone would not submit to this test, unless if they think that finding out if their idea is true is irrelevant.

While I hate to tell you this, a lot of us don't "believe" in James Randi.

I'm not sure I understand what this means. Forget James Randi. Let's just talk about the general situation. Someone has offered a large sum of money to anyone who can show that they have these abilities. What possible rational reason could one have to NOT do this?

I did happen to check out the "order page" by the way, and noticed they're offering a 30 day money back guarantee, so that might help to ease the uncertainty of some people. That's capitalism at work too now isn't it?

Well sure. But statistically it can be shown that there are "some" people who will be satisfied with substandard results and also that another group of people who aren't satisfied won't bother to return it for a refund. It's all about money in the end.

Iacchus32, I have read many of your posts and certainly can respect your unique angle to the issues that get discussed here. But on this particular thing I am a bit perplexed. I'm sure you will admit that there are crackpot fakes in the world who are trying to do nothing but make a penny. I don't think anyone would deny this. So how exactly do you distinguish the frauds from the real thing? I can appreciate being open to things but being open to everything and everybody is a bit different. Especially when you know some are frauds. Right?

I think someone offering enough money to retire on for proof of supernatural abilities is a worthwhile thing. I cannot think of any reason why a legit person would not take this offer. Can you? Please let me know if you can.

As I said before I don't know much about this guy so maybe you have some information that makes his offer unreasonable. I am open to hearing it. But all this talk about ego is not sufficient for me. That is a bit of a dodge and an obvious attempt to avoid what this offer really means. If no one will step up and take the challenge, then they know they are frauds and don't want everyone else to know. I'm having trouble coming up with reasoning that differs from this.

Originally posted by FZ+
But the million dollar test is not a matter of proving their belief - it is a certificate confirming the execution of a controlled, scientifically objective test. It is not a matter of relying on selling out to randi, it's a legal idea - the independent witness. And Randi is about as independent from any claim of paranormal activity as you can get. The randi fund was never about the money - it was about putting something to a reasonable scrutiny in an environment where someone's intentions or beliefs are irrelevant. Randi does not fudge the tests. They are not impossible tests, but tests carried out regularly in any scientific work.
There is no apparently reasonable reason why anyone would not submit to this test, unless if they think that finding out if their idea is true is irrelevant.
And yet, one does not need to go through all this rigmarole to determine that God exists. In fact it's all about one's "interior perception." Which is the whole point, because if we were to establish God externally (i.e., through the sensationalism of Randi's approach), without learning how to approach the God "within us," then that becomes tantamount to idolatry, and we all will have missed the boat.

While it's for this reason that the ancient Israelites where forbidden to create idols and "bow down and worship them." Because they would not be worshipping the creation of God, but the creation of man. Neither would they be worshipping the "Spirit of God," which is that which redeems us.

All well and good, but Randi is limited to paranormal claims regarding reality. A personal belief does not consistute proof, and so to rule out randi is to say that this belief neccessarily does not correspond to reality. With all such beliefs, they are not disprovable but they are neccessarily not provable. Hence, you cannot rightly make the statement they are true, and cannot determine whether god exists, only what YOU belief regarding this. You have missed the point - the point is that Randi is not about disproving God. It is about comparing views of the measurable reality. If something cannot go to anyone of Randi's tests, then it cannot be true. It may not be false either.

Would any astrologer, remote viewing specialist, telepath, faith healer care to say that their practices are merely a belief, purely in the mind and have no effect on reality? I doubt it.

Originally posted by FZ+
All well and good, but Randi is limited to paranormal claims regarding reality. A personal belief does not consistute proof, and so to rule out randi is to say that this belief neccessarily does not correspond to reality. With all such beliefs, they are not disprovable but they are neccessarily not provable. Hence, you cannot rightly make the statement they are true, and cannot determine whether god exists, only what YOU belief regarding this. You have missed the point - the point is that Randi is not about disproving God. It is about comparing views of the measurable reality. If something cannot go to anyone of Randi's tests, then it cannot be true. It may not be false either.
No, what I'm saying is we don't want to be worshipping "external gods," because you're right, they don't exist -- not in time and space anyway which, I guess is saying the same thing. :wink:

Would any astrologer, remote viewing specialist, telepath, faith healer care to say that their practices are merely a belief, purely in the mind and have no effect on reality? I doubt it.
And yet they don't seem to have too much trouble getting other people to buy what they're selling -- to what extent of it's mumbo jumbo or not I couldn't tell you? -- so why should they concern themselves with James Randi?

So the closer I come, the further I have to go from what is generally considered to be sanity and rational thought?

Actually the first two can take you to the edge, you must jump into the unknowing knowing or maybe life will knock you in.

No, what I'm saying is we don't want to be worshipping "external gods," because you're right, they don't exist -- not in time and space anyway which, I guess is saying the same thing.
Then you can't attack Randi here, because Randi as a factual test represents an attempt to get away from subjective beliefs into objective reality.

And yet they don't seem to have too much trouble getting other people to buy what they're selling -- to what extent of it's mumbo jumbo or not I couldn't tell you? -- so why should they concern themselves with James Randi?
Because supposedly they don't like to wear a sticker saying "I don't care about being true, I just want to make money off gullible people."

Originally posted by FZ+
Then you can't attack Randi here, because Randi as a factual test represents an attempt to get away from subjective beliefs into objective reality.
What are you suggesting we "sanitize" our relationship with God?

Because supposedly they don't like to wear a sticker saying "I don't care about being true, I just want to make money off gullible people."
Nope, not good enough. To "dismiss" is not to "disprove." However, if you wish to remain skeptical about the whole thing, that's entirely up to you.

This is a decent conversation going on here with good opinions.

Randi will never attract the real thing with what he has posted and the way he goes about it. The real thing will not sell it self it cannot by it's nature. Christ in the devil in the desert it's about being a human being and not selling out. You cannot have both. If you take one the other goes. This is how it works. I am not saying that if you physically take the money all visions/experiences etc... will go instantaneiously, but the affect of what you have taken will diminish that which you have fought to understand.

My purpose is the affect that the lack of balance created from a departure of truth. Even if the truth is not a relization, if one does not waste because that is the way. If one does not pollute becuase one knows one must drink and breath. One watches the children and teaches them what it is to be a human being because they are our future. If one acknowleges ones family and people who surround us because that with the sweat from our brow is what made us.

There must be another way than Randi or getting people to buy a stinking book. I already know I could sell a stinking book and what ? good would it do? I would have to write the ? thing first but all it would do is have bunch of believers on hand either way I suppose you have nothing but believers.

Help me out here people, if you can. I need more uses for a red brick.

Actually I don't believe in anybody, or anything, except the "ground of my own being" (my existence). Perhaps this is what makes me such a "good skeptic?"

A Conversation With Judith Orloff

What do you mean when you describe intuition as a "dynamic therapeutic tool"?

As a psychiatrist and intuitive, I meet each patient with all my skills. In the first session I immediately get an overall grasp of what a patient's issues are; it doesn't take months of intellectual probing to "figure the situation out." Then, after I teach my patients to get in touch with and trust their own intuition, we work together very efficiently. I watch them gain confidence and skill confronting their problems, and the treatment benefits in unbelievable ways.

It seems that we, as a culture, are out of touch with intuition. Why is it blocked in so many people? Why don't people "trust their gut"?

Western culture reveres technology and the mind above all else - at the expense of intuition. As children we aren't trained to connect with and respect our intuition; so we can't tell what is truly meaningful because we don't know what, or whom, to trust, including ourselves. We lose touch with our instincts, and thus lose access to vital information about ourselves - physically and emotionally. Many people with depression or anxiety have blocked intuition; and biochemical imbalances, if present, make accessing intuition even more difficult. As adults, we need to be guided back to our inner knowledge.

For the rest of the conversation please follow this link ...

http://www.drjudithorloff.com/QnA.asp
TENYEARS:

Dr. Orloff is a clairvoyant who went the through rigors of Medical School to become a psychiatrist, which she has been practicing for some time now, while including some of the techniques she developed as a clairvoyant. Perhaps if you contacted her maybe she could give you some advice? She is very much on the level here.

http://www.drjudithorloff.com/

Last edited: