What is the connection between Las Vegas and Nellis Air Force Base?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Earth
In summary, the conversation discusses a strange place on earth where unusual events have occurred, including animals disappearing and the presence of large wolves. One person shares a link to further evidence, but another doubts the validity of the claims. The conversation ends with a mention of the location's proximity to a military base.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
For your information or amusement; whichever best applies:

The strangest place on earth

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
LoL! That was great, Boulder.

Carla, I read some of your link, and it just sounds like a bunch of unsubstantiated claims.

Originally posted by Dissident Dan
LoL! That was great, Boulder.

Carla, I read some of your link, and it just sounds like a bunch of unsubstantiated claims.

Link?

What link?

I think he was referring to Ivan's link.

I hate to be a cynic but I'm doubtful of the whole issue (animals disappearing suddenly and huge wolves)

Coincidentally, Las Vegas is home to the Nellis AFB. Hmm...

1. What makes a place the "strangest" on earth?

The term "strangest" is subjective and can vary from person to person. Generally, a place is considered strange due to its unique features, unusual phenomena, or unusual human activities that are not commonly seen in other places.

2. Where can I find the strangest place on earth?

There are several places on earth that are considered strange, and it depends on an individual's definition of "strange." Some popular strange places include the Bermuda Triangle, the Door to Hell in Turkmenistan, and the Mysterious Stone Circles in Scotland.

3. What are some examples of strange places on earth?

Some examples of strange places on earth include the Giant's Causeway in Northern Ireland, the Blood Falls in Antarctica, the Eternal Flame Falls in New York, and the Fly Geyser in Nevada.

4. Are there any scientific explanations for the strange occurrences in these places?

Some strange places have scientific explanations, while others remain a mystery. For example, the Giant's Causeway was formed by volcanic activity, and the Blood Falls get their red color from iron oxides. However, the Door to Hell is a natural gas field, and the Fly Geyser was created due to a geothermal drilling accident.

5. Are there any dangers associated with visiting the strangest places on earth?

Some strange places can be dangerous to visit, such as the Bermuda Triangle, which is notorious for mysterious disappearances. It is essential to research and take necessary precautions before visiting any strange place to ensure safety.