Iespell (spelling checker)

• Thread starter Jimmy
  • Start date
In summary, IESpell is a free software that allows for spell checking on web pages, making it useful for forums, blogs, and other online platforms. It works with Internet Explorer and any other browser using IE's core components. It saves time and hassle for those who tend to be careless with their spelling and can be used as an alternative to writing in Word and pasting into blog software.
Jimmy
http://www.iespell.com/

This is a great piece of software for spell checking text on web pages. Works great for forums, blogs and any other place were text is entered on a web page. It's free.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Hi jimmy, that is a great tip and I would recommend it aswell. I know I for one could really use a spell checker for internet functions.

Hi Greg,

I'm glad you approve. I certainly find it useful. I tend to be careless sometimes when I post and don't do a thorough job of checking my spelling. This program saves me a lot of time as far as editing goes.

I should mention that it works for Internet Explorer or any other browser which uses IE's core components. (AOL, SlimBrowser, MSN, etc)

Enjoy :D

Last edited:
I used iespell for my blog, and it worked quite well. For a while it seemed like a lot of people would write their blog entries in Word, spell/grammar check them, and then past them into their blog software. The unfortunate part of that operation was that Word likes to seriously obfuscate text when pasted into any HTML-aware editor with its use of spans, invalid tags, etc.

Awesome and gr8

1. What is Iespell?

Iespell is a spelling checker software that can be installed on your computer to help you identify and correct spelling errors in your documents or text fields.

2. How does Iespell work?

Iespell works by using a database of words and their correct spellings. As you type, it compares the words you have entered to its database and highlights any incorrectly spelled words for you to correct.

3. Is Iespell free to use?

Yes, Iespell is a free software that can be downloaded and installed on your computer. However, some versions may require you to purchase a license for commercial or business use.

4. Can I use Iespell with any program or application?

Iespell can be used with most programs and applications that have a text field, such as Microsoft Word, web browsers, and email clients. However, it may not work with all programs, especially those that have their own built-in spell checkers.

5. Is Iespell compatible with all operating systems?

Iespell is compatible with Windows and Linux operating systems, but it is not available for Mac OS. However, there are other similar spelling checker software options available for Mac users.