Sign In Issues - No Button Found & Need Help

• Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about having trouble finding the sign-in button on the main page and the annoyance of having to sign in repeatedly. Monique mentions that the button is located in the bottom right of the page and suggests that Greg prefers users to log out after each session. However, it is clarified that it is okay to just close the window and the site will automatically log off after 15 minutes. Monique also suggests checking the "automatically login" box after the login prompt to avoid signing in every time. The location of this box is explained to be in the "edit options" section under "user cp."
Gale
Is there a button on the main page that you click to sign in? i can't find it...

and i hate signing in all the time... before my computer crashed, i guess i had my sn and password saved... but now i can't figure how to do that, and its annoying. lil help?

Physics news on Phys.org
Log-in is in the bottom right of the main page.

You shouldn't need to log in over and over unless you automatically delete cookies.

But I think Greg likes us to log out after each session, something to do with what happens to the server if you don't.

Originally posted by Monique
But I think Greg likes us to log out after each session, something to do with what happens to the server if you don't.

Actually it's ok to just close the window. The site will automaticly log you off in 15min after you leave.

is that something new greg? i swear i never needed to sign in again before. i signed on when i signed up, and that was the last of it.

Just check "automatically login" after the login prompt... it will download a cookie and you won't have to login every time

and where is that little box?? i looked for one...

click on "user cp" at the top of the page
then click on "edit options"
then click "yes" for the second question ("automatically login")

1. Why can't I find the sign in button?

The sign in button may not be visible due to a variety of reasons, such as a slow internet connection, browser settings, or an outdated version of the website. Try refreshing the page or using a different browser to see if the button appears.

2. What should I do if the sign in button is missing?

If the sign in button is missing, the first step is to check if you are on the correct page. Make sure you are on the sign in page and not the sign up or registration page. If you are on the correct page and still unable to find the button, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or contact the website's customer support for further assistance.

3. My sign in button was there before, but now it's gone. What happened?

There could be a few reasons why the sign in button disappeared. It could be a temporary glitch on the website's end, or the button may have been removed due to updates or changes to the website. Try refreshing the page or accessing the website at a later time. If the button is still missing, contact the website's customer support for help.

4. I'm not able to sign in, and there's no sign in button. What can I do?

If you are unable to sign in and the button is missing, try using a different device or browser. It's also possible that the website is experiencing technical difficulties, so give it some time and try again later. If the issue persists, contact the website's customer support for assistance.

5. Is there a way to sign in without using the button?

Depending on the website or platform, there may be alternative ways to sign in without using the button. Some websites may offer a "Sign in with Google" or "Sign in with Facebook" option. If these options are not available, you can try accessing the website through a different login page or contact the website's customer support for help.