Sheik's Views on Iraq Crisis & 9/11 | Interview w/ Anonymous Sheik

• News
  • Thread starter FZ+
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Interview
In summary, during a question time style interview, a Sheik expressed his views on the Iraq crisis, stating it was an example of US double standards and that terrorism is about striking fear into the hearts of the enemy, which the Israeli invasion of Palestine is doing. The Sheik also questioned the evidence of the 9/11 attacks and suggested it was planned by the CIA to expand Bush's empire. This sparked a discussion about the validity of his claims and the concept of wisdom versus stupidity.
FZ+
This is from a question time style interview I attended with a Sheik, whose name I both choose not to reveal, and can't actually remember. It's quoted from memory, so beware of huge errors.
The scary thing is he is really a nice guy...

What is the panel's views on the Iraq crisis, now that it is over?

It's another example of US double standards. A terrorist is whoever the Americans don't like. They point their finger, and they're a terrorist. Look at Israel. Ariel Sharon can bomb whole towns to ashes. And he's not a terrorist? Terrorism is about striking fear into the hearts of the enemy. The Israeli invasion of palestine is doing just that.

But aren't the Israelis entitled to defend themselves?

That's what you zionist press tell you. When a little kid throws a rock at an Israeli tank, he's a terrorist? When the zionist soldier shoots him in the head at point blank range, he's defending his country? The politicans want this war. These people don't care if millions die to further their own goals. Like perhaps with 9/11.

Surely you don't suggest...
What do we know about the twin towers? Where were the 4000 Jews who were supposed to be there that day? How likely is it for a rag tag band of extremists to hijack 8 jet planes on the same day? And they immediately pointed the finger at Islam. It was planned from the beginning.

But you don't have any evidence do you?
Look at how this was carried out, how it was all planned like clockwork. Do you think extremists can have done that. And they say that they met in a strip bar to discuss it. How could they have done that if they were such radicals. This all has the signs of the CIA in this. They did this to expand Bush's empire.

Continued later.

Physics news on Phys.org
My cat often conspires against me late
in the evening. He then charges ahead but
I ussualy manage to catch'im in mid-flight
and than hug'm and kiss'm and show'im love.
Eventually though, he manages to break away
and try to hunt me again, well he's a predator
that's his thing.

Live long and prosper.

I wondered where my cat went.

Good analogy!

Regards

My point is that it is not so much a matter of ridiculing this person's views, but rather noting that a disturbing number of people are beginning to share them... And it would be difficult for the current situation to help persuade him.

This all has the signs of the CIA in this. They did this to expand Bush's empire.
lol!

But aren't the Israelis entitled to defend themselves?

Occupy and defend. Right.

And of course, when the Taliban 'defend' themselves, they're terrorists. The way the Kashmiris are. And the Chechneyans. Some logic you're cementing here.

But you don't have any evidence do you?

Evidence?

Why the hell would one need evidence now? Justice is now the shattered glass the US sets together to give it a shape. But the dumbest of men see the cracks.

So when you tell me the US attacks on Afghanistan and Iraq are justified, I tell you I'm Santa Claus. And I don't care what you want, I'll give you democracy this Christmas.

Originally posted by FZ+
My point is that it is not so much a matter
of ridiculing this person's views, but
rather noting that a disturbing number of
people are beginning to share them...
I don't even want to bother to ridicule his views.
I have no desire of even talking about his views.
As for the people, if there were no stupid people
there would be no wise people, everything is
relative and that is the way the world works.

Live long and prosper.

Hmmmm...categorizing this as 'stupid' is a waste of time. American believe 'stupid' things to, as the government directs. Look how many people believed that iraq had something to do with 9-11!

Originally posted by Zero
Hmmmm...categorizing this as 'stupid' is
a waste of time. American believe 'stupid'
things to, as the government directs. Look
how many people believed that iraq had
something to do with 9-11!
How do you know it didn't ?
I personally have no idea. Abviosly Saddam
had some general connection with the
Talliban, but then again, it's probably
because it's the same region, not because
they have the same ideology or plan their
most secret actions together.
Anyway, I'm just saying this ain't a
very good example.

Live long and prosper.

I don't even want to bother to ridicule his views.
I have no desire of even talking about his views.
As for the people, if there were no stupid people
there would be no wise people, everything is
relative and that is the way the world works.

Your self-proclaimed wisdom and the stupidity you so casually thrust upon others is - well - self-proclaimed and thrusted. Amazing how so many of us cocoon ourselves within the security of this 'wisdom'.

Originally posted by ProMetal
Your self-proclaimed wisdom and the
stupidity you so casually thrust upon
others is - well - self-proclaimed and
thrusted. Amazing how so many of us cocoon
ourselves within the security of this 'wisdom'.
Wisdom is just knowing the facts and
making descisions based upon that knowledge.
Stupidity is either lack of knowledge
or discisions that do not follow from it.

Live long and prosper.

The information that guy had was just wrong. Can't you expect something like that? They just want to propagandize against America just like the GOP does here. The CIA had nothing to do with it, except the fact that they weren't competant at defending against it.

Well, the CIA probably trained them, or helped set up teh training camp where they started. Remember, many terrorists around the world started out as expendable 'freedom fighters' for the US, and only became 'terrorists' after their usefulness ended.

Oh yes, that's right, and the GWB junior oil company Arbusto (means 'Bush' in spanish) was brought to you in part by the Bin Laden family fortune!
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article3332.htm

Originally posted by Zero
Well, the CIA probably trained them, or
helped set up teh training camp where they
started. Remember, many terrorists around
the world started out as expendable 'freedom
fighters' for the US, and only became 'terrorists'
after their usefulness ended.
Indeed, but first of all you also have
to remember the USSR and second - what
does that have to do with what that sheik
says ? Spreading your propoganda again Zero ?

Hmm... it appears this has gone way off topic.

You know what I think should be done? This guy should make his speech on national television. We won't persuade anyone, but his appearance should make the politicians finally wake up to the fact that a significant minority are feeling ignored, and that until they recognise how many of their policies are simply not getting them on board, they may see the small radical fringe that we currently have widen. Propaganda or not, the significance is that people are believing this stuff. And whatever we are doing now, we aren't helping.

He also said: "You can talk about how civilian casualties are unacceptable, but if anything happens to my child, or my wife, I too will be strapping on a bomb belt and blowing the country away."

In my experience, there's no better way to turn normally intelligent, rational people in frothing lunatics than to mention the words "Israel" or "Palestine." Especially Israeli Jews and Arab Moslems. I hang out with a number of both groups... it is rather creepy. I know some very smart people, science types, who think that the whole "the Jews got out of the WTC before the attacks" thing is quite possibly true, and who ascribe just pointlessly cruel and ridiculous motives to the 'Zionists.'

The same is true, though to a lesser extent, on the Israeli side. One sweet Jewish girl, an ex-roommate of mine, overheard a friend and I discussing the situation and went off into an unprecedented rant about how the Israeli Arabs were "outbreeding" the Jews so that they could take over the country, with a couple of slurs mixed in for good emphasis. Similarly a lot of people seeminly automatically raise the cry of anti-Semitism whenever any criticism of Israel or its policies is made...

Tribalism/patriotism/nationalism at its worst.

Ok, they can think what they please. (odd that, the definitionof us and them).

Im am very conservative, most of you are liberal.

How many of you have been convinced by my words to see my way?

How many of you, knowing my views remain open to my suggestions?

I could concoct a totally believable news story portraying my views and you could read it on the net. How many would it convince?

The answer is : NONE. You will believe what you want to believe. Be it incorrect, be it off base, be it totally asinine, it will not move you an inch. In fact, it is more likely to confirm you in your present frame of mind.

You will believe what you want to believe, you will see what you want to see.

Your only salvation is to not judge. Open your eyes, your ears, your intellect, and hope that what they receive is the truth. This, unfortunately, will never happen.

I leave it to you. What is the solution?

Well, you can let them believe what they belief, and bury your head in the sand as much as you want. But you happen to be part of this world, and these people happen to be part of it too. If you tell yourself that what you call the war on terror is succeeding, then you have a duty to open your eyes, not to judge whether these people are wrong but on a different level - to judge how they disagree with you. You have your own ideas of truth, but the assine attitude of planning what other people believe in, and just laughing when they don't will be a big failure. The war on terror will always be a battle for the hearts and minds. It seems an interesting way to wage it if you do not even notice what people's hearts and minds are becoming.

The answer is : NONE. You will believe what you want to believe. Be it incorrect, be it off base, be it totally asinine, it will not move you an inch. In fact, it is more likely to confirm you in your present frame of mind.
Where does this absurd pontification come from? Al Qaeda is still romping around the world blowing stuff up.

1. What are the Sheik's views on the current crisis in Iraq?

The Sheik believes that the current crisis in Iraq is a result of decades of political and economic instability, as well as foreign intervention and manipulation. He also emphasizes the importance of finding a peaceful and sustainable solution for the country.

2. How does the Sheik view the US involvement in the Iraq crisis?

The Sheik believes that the US involvement in the Iraq crisis, particularly the 2003 invasion, has only worsened the situation and caused more harm than good. He sees it as a violation of Iraq's sovereignty and a catalyst for further conflict and instability.

3. Does the Sheik believe that 9/11 was an inside job?

The Sheik does not believe that 9/11 was an inside job. He acknowledges that there are many conspiracy theories surrounding the event, but he believes that the evidence and official investigations point to the fact that it was a terrorist attack carried out by extremist groups.

4. How does the Sheik view the role of religion in the Iraq crisis?

The Sheik believes that religion has been used as a tool to manipulate and justify violence in the Iraq crisis. He believes that true religious teachings promote peace and coexistence, and that it is the misuse and misinterpretation of religious beliefs that have contributed to the current crisis.

5. What solutions does the Sheik propose for resolving the Iraq crisis?

The Sheik proposes a multi-faceted approach to resolving the Iraq crisis, including political and economic reforms, addressing issues of corruption and marginalization, and promoting dialogue and reconciliation among different groups. He also believes that external intervention and interference should be limited to allow for internal solutions to be implemented.