Prokaryotic vs Eukaryotic cell .

• Thread starter Chemer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cell
In summary, the individual should choose the method they are most comfortable with, either writing in columns or paragraphs, to compare and differentiate between prokaryote and eukaryote cells. The level of detail to include in the answer depends on the time limit and the number of questions, but it is generally expected to provide as much detail as possible. Including diagrams may also be helpful in explaining the differences between the two cell types.
Chemer
Hi,
In exam, answering the question,"compare/differentiate between prokaryote and eukaryote cell." Should I write this in columns, writing the differences and comparing them? Or in paragraphs? Which is the right method?
And can I include the significance about their differences? I mean, like prokaryote have not nuclear envelope because of this and eukaryote need it because... etc etc? Please guide.
thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Chemer said:
Should I write this in columns, writing the differences and comparing them? Or in paragraphs? Which is the right method?

Both are correct as long as it is clear what the message is. Columns can be easier to manage.

As to how many details to give - depends on how much time you have to answer the question. Obviously if you have 20 questions and 60 minutes you can't write an essay in each answer, but when you have 3 questions and 60 minutes, you are expected to give a lot of details.

Thank you very much for your reply.
Then, how much detail I can include in an answer, when I've four questions to attempt along with diagrams and the time limit is three hours?

Apparently as much as you can.

Related to Prokaryotic vs Eukaryotic cell .

What are the main differences between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells?

Prokaryotic cells are smaller and simpler than eukaryotic cells, lacking membrane-bound organelles and a defined nucleus. Eukaryotic cells are larger and more complex, containing membrane-bound organelles and a defined nucleus.

How do prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells differ in terms of genetic material?

Prokaryotic cells have a single circular chromosome made of DNA, while eukaryotic cells have multiple linear chromosomes made of DNA and associated proteins.

What are the similarities between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells?

Both types of cells have a cell membrane, cytoplasm, and ribosomes. They also both carry out essential cellular processes such as metabolism and reproduction.

Which type of cell is more diverse and why?

Eukaryotic cells are more diverse due to their larger size and complexity, allowing for a wider range of functions and adaptations. Prokaryotic cells are generally limited to a few basic shapes and functions.

How do prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells differ in terms of reproduction?

Prokaryotic cells reproduce through binary fission, while eukaryotic cells reproduce through mitosis or meiosis. Eukaryotic cells also have the ability to undergo sexual reproduction, which is not seen in prokaryotic cells.