Private Msg Function on PF: Compatible?

• Thread starter Pauly Man
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the private message function on the forum. The first person initially asks if the function is still available, but then realizes they were mistaken and found it. They mention missing the flashing popup message for PMs and ask if there is a way to enable it. Another user responds and explains how to enable the pop up message in the User CP. The first person thanks them and expresses excitement to try it out.
Pauly Man
Do we still have the private message function, or is it not compatible with this version of PF?

Physics news on Phys.org
Found it, so just forget I even asked. I should have had a more detailed look before posting. :smile:

I have a question about PM's though.
I miss the way the flashing popup message would alert you to the presence of a PM. I am still getting used to the features with this forum and wonder if it is possible to enable some type of active alert or not.

You can still get that pop up message. Go to User CP then go to edit options. Go down to the messaging section and there is an option for a pop up box.

Thank you Nicool003,
I just followed your directions and now I'm 'just a twitchen' to get a PM and try it out.

Hehe anytime BoulderHead:smile:

1. How do I access the private messaging function on PF?

To access the private messaging function on PF, simply click on the "Messages" tab at the top of the page. This will take you to your inbox where you can view and send private messages.

2. Can I send private messages to anyone on PF?

No, the private messaging function on PF is only compatible with users who have accepted your friend request. This ensures that all messages are between trusted individuals.

3. How do I know if I have received a private message on PF?

You will receive a notification on the PF website and an email to the address associated with your account when you receive a private message. You can also check your inbox at any time to see if you have any new messages.

4. Can I delete or block private messages on PF?

Yes, you can delete individual messages by clicking on the "Delete" button next to the message in your inbox. You can also block a user from sending you private messages by clicking on the "Block" button next to their message.

5. Is there a limit to how many private messages I can have on PF?

There is no limit to the number of private messages you can have on PF. However, it is recommended to periodically delete old messages to keep your inbox organized and make space for new messages.