Projectile Motion maximum height

In summary: I can post it.Salman, for part (a), my answers; the range is between 34.99m/s to 36.82m/s. Could you please verify these?hmm its one question so try getting b part too about maximum height range, like its ONE question a) 3.99m to 4.18mb) 4.18m to 4.92mand u have to enter both answers.then i can cehck if they are right, if someone else can check my solution please do, i don't know where I am going wrong!
salman213
1. http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6376/fic11p112xe1.png
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9550/vqc11p112el8.png
[/URL]

2. d = 1/2at^2 + v1t

v =d/t

horizontal time it takes equals vertical time

Horizontal
t = d/v = 50 /(v1cos10)

Vertical
d = 1/2at^2 + v1t
-0.6 = 1/2(-9.81)(50/v1cos10)^2 + v1sin10(50 /(v1cos10)

i get v1 = 36.6 m/s

-1.6 = 1/2(-9.81)(50/v1cos10)^2 + v1sin10(50 /(v1cos10)
i get v1 = 34.8 m/s

So my range is 34.8 m/s to 36.6 m/s

for b part

dv = v1(t) - 1/2(9.81)(t^2)

maximum height occurs at half the time so i used 1/2(50/v1cos10)

dv = 34.8(1/2(50/36.64cos10) - 1/2(9.81)(1/2(50/34.8cos10))^2
i got 22.8 m

for 2nd velocity

dv = 36.64(1/2(50/36.64cos10) - 1/2(9.81)(1/2(50/36.64cos10))^2
i got 23.0 m

So my maximum height range is 22.8 m to 23.0 m

According to my online assignment this is wrong

please helppppppppppp

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
ALSO:

i just noticed for maximum height i guess I also add 2.1 m if they are measuring from the Ground so 22.8 + 2.1 = 24.9 m and 23.0 + 2.1 = 25.1 m but these values still are somehow wrong...

i know it may be a little long in calculating but can someone check to see if my process is right if no one wnats to check my calculations :)

Hi Salman, i have been doing some work on this problem, Would you please be so kind to include the correct answers so i can verify and post it?

if i had the correct answers i wouldn't have posted it :(

wat answers did u get? and how did u attempt this problem differently?

Thanks..

vipul did u get different answerS?

sorry salman, haven't got the answers yet but still working on them, i thought if u had the correct answers, maybe we can work backwards.

hmm ok if u get answers tell me because i can keep submitting the answers repeatedly on my assignemtnt o see if they are right but I need the right answer. I don't understand what I am doing WRONG!

also do u have a energy question? about a spring and stuff? Did u fnish that one :S?

Salman, for part (a), my answers; the range is between 34.99m/s to 36.82m/s. Could you please verify these?

hmm its one question so try getting b part too about maximum height range,

like its ONE question

a)
b)

and u have to enter both answers.

then i can cehck if they are right,

if someone else can check my solution please do, i don't know where I am going wrong!

Ok, my answers;

a) 34.99m/s to 36.82m/s
b) 3.99m to 4.18m

lol its too late sry my assignments done

Did u get the correct answers?

Related to Projectile Motion maximum height

What is projectile motion and how does it affect maximum height?

Projectile motion is the motion of an object that is thrown or launched into the air and moves along a curved path due to the force of gravity. The maximum height of the object is affected by the initial velocity, angle of launch, and acceleration due to gravity.

How do you calculate the maximum height of a projectile?

The maximum height of a projectile can be calculated using the formula h = (v^2 * sin^2(theta)) / 2g, where h is the maximum height, v is the initial velocity, theta is the angle of launch, and g is the acceleration due to gravity.

Does the mass of the object affect the maximum height in projectile motion?

No, the mass of the object does not affect the maximum height in projectile motion. The maximum height is solely dependent on the initial velocity, angle of launch, and acceleration due to gravity.

Why does the maximum height occur at the highest point of the projectile's trajectory?

The maximum height occurs at the highest point of the projectile's trajectory because at this point, the vertical velocity is equal to 0. This means that the object is no longer rising and is about to start falling back down due to the force of gravity.

Can the maximum height of a projectile be greater than the initial height?

Yes, the maximum height of a projectile can be greater than the initial height if the angle of launch is greater than 45 degrees. This is because the object will travel in a parabolic path and reach a higher point before falling back down to the initial height.