Project Greenglow: Is Anti-Gravity Possible?

In summary, the conversation discusses the lack of good sources on the science behind Project Greenglow, questioning whether they are trying to separate gravitational mass from inertial mass in order to achieve more space-time curvature from less inertial mass. The conversation also touches on the idea that achieving the same amount of space-time curvature as a star would require the same mass/energy/density, and expresses frustration with how crackpot ideas can receive funding for promising something desirable, like an anti-gravity drive. However, the participants ultimately agree that there is nothing to discuss further according to the rules of the forum.
Ontophobe
I can't find any good sources on the science behind Project Greenglow. All the articles I see are full of fluff. Are they trying to divorce gravitational mass from inertial mass? i.e., trying to get more gravitational mass out of less inertial mass, or I should say more space-time curvature from less inertial mass?

As far as I know, if you want to curve space-time as much as a star curves space-time, then you need the same mass/energy/density as a star. And we think rocket fuel is "heavy"...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Crackpot, crackpot, crackpot, ... (sigh)

It never ceases to amaze me how much crackpot rubbish can get funding if it holds the promise of something highly desirable (such as an anti-grav drive).

Likes vanhees71
That was my gut reaction, too, but I wanted to be sure

There is nothing to discuss here, per PF rules.

Thread closed.

Related to Project Greenglow: Is Anti-Gravity Possible?

1. Is anti-gravity actually possible?

The concept of anti-gravity is still a topic of debate among scientists. While there have been some promising developments and theories, there is no definitive proof that anti-gravity is possible.

2. What is Project Greenglow?

Project Greenglow is a research project initiated by the British Interplanetary Society to investigate the feasibility of anti-gravity technology. The project aims to explore various theories and potential applications of anti-gravity.

3. What progress has been made in Project Greenglow so far?

Researchers involved in Project Greenglow have made some significant advancements, including developing new methods for measuring gravitational fields and conducting experiments to test theories of anti-gravity. However, there is still a lot of work to be done before any conclusive results can be achieved.

4. What are the potential applications of anti-gravity technology?

If anti-gravity is possible, it could have a wide range of applications, including space travel, transportation, and energy production. It could also have implications for our understanding of physics and the universe.

5. When can we expect to see anti-gravity technology in use?

It is difficult to predict when or if anti-gravity technology will become a reality. While significant progress has been made, there are still many challenges and unknowns to overcome. It could be decades or even centuries before anti-gravity technology is fully developed and practical for everyday use.