Program for painting electron orbitals

In summary, the person is looking for a free program to draw orbital with nice graphics. They found a program called Orbitron, but it has copyright. Another option is to use Mathematica to draw electron orbits for the H atom, with a provided attached file that allows for customization of the orbits.
Kruger
Ok, what I need is the following:

- program that can draw orbital
- it must be free (not to buy) (no copy right, ...)

I didn't find one that is free and has a nice graphic.

Physics news on Phys.org
thanks. but this has copyright.

Kruger said:
Ok, what I need is the following:

- program that can draw orbital
- it must be free (not to buy) (no copy right, ...)

I didn't find one that is free and has a nice graphic.

I you only want the electron orbits of H atom,you can use mathematica to draw.
The attached file is the mathematica notebook I write.You can change the parameters to draw any orbit you want.

Attachments

• H.zip
    51.9 KB · Views: 287
thanks wenty

Related to Program for painting electron orbitals

What is a program for painting electron orbitals?

A program for painting electron orbitals is a computer software that allows scientists to visualize and manipulate the shapes of electron orbitals in an atom. It uses mathematical equations and data to generate 3D images of the orbitals, helping scientists to better understand the behavior of electrons in atoms.

What are the benefits of using a program for painting electron orbitals?

Using a program for painting electron orbitals can provide a clearer and more intuitive understanding of the complex behavior of electrons in atoms. It also allows scientists to make predictions about the properties of atoms and molecules, which can be useful in various fields such as chemistry, physics, and materials science.

How does a program for painting electron orbitals work?

A program for painting electron orbitals uses mathematical equations, such as the Schrödinger equation, to calculate the probability of finding an electron at any given point in space. This data is then used to create a 3D visualization of the electron orbitals, with different colors representing the probability of finding an electron at each point.

Can a program for painting electron orbitals be used to study different atoms and molecules?

Yes, a program for painting electron orbitals can be used to study the behavior of electrons in any atom or molecule. Scientists can input the relevant data for a specific atom or molecule and the program will generate the corresponding electron orbital visualization.

Is a program for painting electron orbitals accurate?

The accuracy of a program for painting electron orbitals depends on the quality of the data and equations used. In most cases, these programs are highly accurate and can provide valuable insights into the behavior of electrons in atoms and molecules. However, it is important for scientists to validate their findings using other methods and experiments.