Professionally or Passionately, years from now...Where do you see yourself?

• MHB
  • Thread starter ADARSH
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Years
In summary, the conversation discusses the various career aspirations of the participants, including becoming a soldier, civil engineer, computer science engineer, farmer, and musician. The speaker also mentions their own desire to become an expert in arithmetic geometry and references a sci-fi movie.
ADARSH
So what do you want to become?

I personally find that my answer is a variable of time and ...
and would be helpful to know what you all want to do now...
at present I want to be
a. Soldier - reason being War and Peace
b. Civil Engineer - My present branch of study
c. Computer Science Engineer - branch that fascinates me
d. Farmer - what I think I would love to do...
e. Musician - Guitar and you know why...

(If you already are something you wanted to be... I guess you still wouldn't sit idle for the rest of your life, so do reply)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Become an expert in arithmetic geometry.

I'll honestly die happy if that happens. :cool:

Last edited:
ADARSH said:
So what do you want to become?

I personally find that my answer is a variable of time and ...
and would be helpful to know what you all want to do now...
at present I want to be
a. Soldier - reason being War and Peace
b. Civil Engineer - My present branch of study
c. Computer Science Engineer - branch that fascinates me
d. Farmer - what I think I would love to do...
e. Musician - Guitar and you know why...

(If you already are something you wanted to be... I guess you still wouldn't sit idle for the rest of your life, so do reply)

When I was younger I was inspired by all the paranoia era sci-fi movies where the token scientist says "It's a crazzy idea, but it might just work". I always wanted to be that scientist, and I am. Now I look forward to turning to the dark side, I just have to save enough to get my own hollowed out volcano.

[This Island Earth (1955) reference] I was alway sad that nobody sent me an interocita flat pack to assemble

CB

Related to Professionally or Passionately, years from now...Where do you see yourself?

1. "What inspired you to become a scientist?"

I have always been curious about the world around me and how things work. As I grew up, I developed a strong interest in science and a desire to contribute to our understanding of the world. This ultimately led me to pursue a career as a scientist.

2. "What do you see as the most important qualities for a successful scientist?"

In my opinion, the most important qualities for a successful scientist are curiosity, creativity, critical thinking skills, and perseverance. These qualities allow a scientist to approach problems and questions with an open mind, think outside the box, and overcome challenges in their research.

3. "What do you hope to achieve in your career as a scientist?"

My ultimate goal as a scientist is to make meaningful contributions to my field and society as a whole. I hope to conduct innovative research that leads to new discoveries and advancements, and to inspire and mentor future generations of scientists.

4. "How do you balance your passion for science with your other responsibilities?"

Balancing my passion for science with other responsibilities can be a challenge, but I prioritize my time and responsibilities to ensure that I am able to dedicate enough time and energy to my work as a scientist. I also make sure to take breaks and engage in activities outside of science to maintain a healthy work-life balance.

5. "Where do you see yourself in your career 10 years from now?"

In 10 years, I see myself as a well-established scientist, leading my own research team and making significant contributions to my field. I also hope to have expanded my knowledge and skills through collaborations and experiences, and to have inspired and mentored other scientists along the way.