The Direction of Time: Exploring the Relationship Between Time and Energy

In summary, the conversation discusses the nature of time and its relationship to energy and work. The speaker presents a theory that time is directed towards zero and that the change in time is related to a decrease in energy. They also mention their personal invention of "Time Cycle" and state that their theory is not in disagreement with the current understanding of time. Another member, LW Sleeth, agrees with this theory and adds that it relates to the concept of entropy. The conversation ends with the speaker stating that their theory is not found on any other forums.
Michael F. Dmitriyev
Suppose we have turned on a clock. It have begun to account the time. What means the evidence of this instrument? The amount of conditional time lag has passed from event A before event B. The Direction of time - from a certain initial point (zero) to the endless future. Time is totalized. Time is counting forward up. In this nobody has doubt. This became as axiom.
But my cogitations about time have brought me to the other conclusion.
Let be a clock with battery. Let these clock has a timer i.e. it allows to totalize time. Let, the clock had stopped in 2400 hours (144000 sec) after start. The timer has fixed this numeral. What it means?
The most probable reason of clock stoping is a failure
of the battery. In this case the number shown by timer corresponds to time of functioning (working) of the battery or its Time Cycle (TC), or
TIME CYCLE is STRAIGHT PROPORTIONAL to WORK
made by battery.
TC = k*A (1)
where TC - time cycle;
k - a factor;
A - a work;
Though, unit of time is a second, but unit of work is Joule, it is possible to say-evidence of the timer i.e. the time is equivalent of a work which was made.
For our example this 144000 (sec) = 0.5 (Joule)
Each second in timer corresponds to work (0.5/144000) joule. This is an accumulative principle:
in each second an amount of executed work has increases.
But notion "work" is not fundamental. The fundamental notion is a POWER.
N = A / t (2)
where N - a power;
A - a work;
t - time;

Having substituted (1) in (2) we'll get

N = TC /(k* t) (3)

In in respect of a clock this means a following.
Timer from the beginning is installed to the condition corresponding to TC of a battery i.e. 144000 sec. Each second the unit of time (energy) is SUBTRACTED from this value . This value decreasing discrete.
Each evidence of the timer is corresponds to the potential energy of the battery on given moment. Since each second an energy decreases together with TC.
So. Time for the all object in universe has a direction on reduction of characteristic of its TC, that corresponds to the reduction of its energy. This process of reduction of TC of all object occurs discrete on each next quantum of time Qt. Qt simultaneously is the synchronizing signal for all object.
TIME GOES in the INVERSE DIRECTION i.e to zero.

Physics news on Phys.org
I believe this would go in the "theory development" section as I certainly can tell he's trying to give a straight-up theory.

Originally posted by neutroncount
I believe this would go in the "theory development" section as I certainly can tell he's trying to give a straight-up theory.
Are you afraid to say your personal opinion? If it exists, indeed.

No, I'm saying that this should go there because you are presenting an alternative theory and there is a subforum under this theoretical physics forum called "Theory Development" that alternate theories should go in. It's nothing about personal opinion.

No, I'm saying that this should go there because you are presenting an alternative theory and there is a subforum under this theoretical physics forum called "Theory Development" that alternate theories should go in. It's nothing about personal opinion.

Oh good, the new assistant mentor!

Last edited:
Alternative to what? By the way, the current theory reports that time is directed on increasing of entropy. This means that all objects at time lose their own characteristic. In this point my theory does not disagree with existing one. What information about characteristic of time you dispose else?

Originally posted by LW Sleeth
You mean to zero energy? If so, I think someone in another thread has been saying this too. That TC represents a cycle, to me, ultimately relates it to atomic and EM oscillation. As atoms decay, and EM slows, so too does the energy available for running the universe become unavailable. Time is running out.

So it seems true that the universe is marching from some positive number (representing the amount of energy left for work) "backwards" toward zero.
Thank you for confession of the obvious truth, LW Sleeth. However I suspect that you will not find nothing similar nor on this forum nor on the other one. Because the TC this is my personal invention and in the section of PF, where neutroncount trying to send me ("Theory Devrlopment") exists several topics (of mine) which has relating to the problem of Time.

1. What is the direction of time?

The direction of time refers to the concept that time moves forward in a linear manner, from past to present to future. This is commonly known as the arrow of time.

2. Why does time only move in one direction?

The reason for the unidirectional nature of time is still a topic of debate among scientists. Some theories suggest that it is a result of the increase in entropy or disorder in the universe, while others propose that it is due to the initial conditions of the universe.

3. Can the direction of time be reversed?

While time itself cannot be reversed, some physical processes can appear to move in the opposite direction, known as time-reversal symmetry. However, this is only possible at the microscopic level and not at the macroscopic level.

4. How does the direction of time relate to the concept of causality?

The direction of time is closely linked to causality, which is the relationship between cause and effect. Time moves forward in the direction of causality, meaning that the cause always precedes the effect.

5. What implications does the direction of time have on the universe?

The direction of time plays a crucial role in the evolution and functioning of the universe. It allows for the existence of life and the flow of energy, and it also determines the eventual fate of the universe, such as the expansion or collapse of the universe.