, rWhat is the background of our forum members?

• Thread starter Moni
  • Start date
In summary, this conversation reveals that the participants in the forum come from a diverse range of backgrounds, including physics, pure science, engineering, social sciences, and computer science. Some have pursued higher education in their respective fields while others have found success in different careers. Many share a passion for theoretical physics and have been interested in the subject for many years.

Who Are You ???

• Physics Professor (teacher)/PhD student

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Physics student (Major taken Physics, I mean B.Sc. in Physics)

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Pure Science Student (Other than Physics: Mathematics, Chemistry)

• Engineering Student (I know Engg. Students take a little physics course)

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Science Student (Mostly: Life Science)

• Students of Social Sciences

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Professionals but was students of Science

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Professionals but was students except Science

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
Moni ìs cute :)

Physics news on Phys.org
college dropout:frown: but have some goals in the works to get back...i am unsure what i will study as whatever course i take will be for my own pure benefit and not for occupational purposes...for me, i would rather have my educational pursuits be more of a hobby then a task...

Originally posted by Kerrie
college dropout:frown: but have some goals in the works to get back...i am unsure what i will study as whatever course i take will be for my own pure benefit and not for occupational purposes...for me, i would rather have my educational pursuits be more of a hobby then a task...

You are not alone. I am going to study Irish Gaelic. For what reason? None. I just love that language. Later then I wish to study philosophy or physics...

Originally posted by Monique
Moni ìs cute :)

"Ore baba! Didi tom ne jo kaha achaa hey! Tomhara bhaiya khush hey"

Originally posted by Thallium
Hehe. I agree with you, but I cannot say I would go as far as falling in love with the person's brain. Brains are fascinating, but not.. kissable...

Hey can you show me a picture of yourself? (You are mentally cute, yes!)

Thanks! You'll find me in the "Cute Contest" thread may be page 26 or 27 But where is yours ?

Hmm... it seems you are not like that "Wizard of OZ" looking for Brain! :wink:

"Falling Love" is that so easy without knowing each other?
I don't believe!

Love is an activity of Heart (Brain :wink: ) So, you have to consider them...only kissing is not the sign of love! Is it?

And about Pic...you know there can live a Devil inside the face of a Prince or vice-versa, so how can you believe in them ?

But it's true...faces are the first step towards LOVE :wink:

Originally posted by Moni
But it's true...faces are the first step towards LOVE :wink:

It was not with me last time. A boy in my class. He was really intelligent and the first time I saw him he looked like a dork. But I feel for him.

It was not with me last time. A boy in my class. He was really intelligent and the first time I saw him he looked like a dork. But I feel for him.

Hmm...I think like Tom (PrudensOptimus) you should start a new topic:

Boy Trouble ! :wink: :wink: :wink:

At the risk of interrupting the Moni worship...

I've always had a wide variety of interests. Actually early on they thought I was ADD(most common misdiagnois). Turns out I wasn't.
Anyhow, currently I'm a Network engineer for one of the big 3, but I'm shifting careers into medicine, and trudging down that long path to freedom, so I'm becoming a student again. What the heck does any of this have to do with physics? I just wanted to scope out all the hot physics women. So I guesss I just enjoy the mental stimualation, and have an avid interst in science, and a growing interest in philosophy. I'll probably take all those classes that I don't need, such as philosophy, japanese, and others, in addition to my premed curriculum.

Under graduate high school students.

Hey what should an undergraduate high school students select?

Originally posted by benzun_1999
Hey what should an undergraduate high school students select?

Science Student
Students of Social Sciences

Anyone from them :)

In under graduate of Oman don't you have any Science and Arts student defined ?

I'm a little late adding to this thread, but...

I'm in a full-time M.S. program in Physics, coming back to school after working for ~10 years as a programmer/UNIX sys admin. B.S. was in Math.

Cheers.

Ooooooohh! Want to marry me? Technical men are so HOT! *rrrrrhh*
Brrr.. goosebumps...

I'll have to ask my wife about that!

Originally posted by Tsunami
Thallium! Why don't you say what you REALLY mean!

He's really cute, too! Wanna see a picture?
He posted them for us. Click on his links in his post on this page:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=123474#post123474

HEY! I am just getting used to being called Grandpa, now you are calling me cute! This is confusing,... Oh wait, that's right, all that grandpa stuff is 30yrs down the road (0ver the hill??) isn't it! I am 20, I am 20, I am 20...

[b(] i feel like a nobody. I don't have a degree so i can't enter the poll! I am in 2nd year at college (english college eg. A-levels) studying maths, biology, chemistry and physics. I work part time in a betting shop (how glamorous!)

Chopnik, not true, most of the categories are for students without degrees.

which ones, i know some are for undergraduates but i don't think i have a category to enter.

Originally posted by Integral
I'll have to ask my wife about that!

When you were asking is there anything SOLID in her hand ?

Are you HOSPITAL now [b(] ?

Originally posted by jimmy p
which ones, i know some are for undergraduates but i don't think i have a category to enter.
Either the second or third, or both, I think most people have had to select what seemed closest to what they're doing.

Last edited:
Hmm...it seems Physics and Engineering students are jointly winning this poll

Only 2 experts prof. :frown: In a forum of Physics this number should be increased