Problem with PM's (conversations)

• Thread starter jim mcnamara
  • Start date
In summary, a PM (conversation) is a private message exchange between individuals on a messaging platform. To access PMs, you can usually find a designated section or icon on the platform. Most platforms allow you to delete PMs, although there may be a time limit. PMs are typically intended to be private, but it is best to assume that they could potentially be seen by others. The number of people you can include in a PM may vary depending on the platform.
jim mcnamara
Mentor
It seems some folks, but not every member on PF, can PM me. I am sure I must have done something dumb. Where do I start looking to allow PM's?

Physics news on Phys.org
Try this: https://www.physicsforums.com/account/contact-details

Likes jim mcnamara
That was it, thanks!

Related to Problem with PM's (conversations)

1. What is a PM (conversation)?

A PM (conversation) is a private message exchange between two or more individuals on a messaging platform.

2. How can I access my PMs?

The method for accessing PMs varies depending on the messaging platform. Typically, there will be a designated PM section or icon on the platform where you can view and respond to your conversations.

3. Can I delete a PM (conversation)?

Yes, most messaging platforms allow you to delete PMs. However, some platforms may have a limit on how far back you can delete conversations.

4. Are PMs private?

PMs are intended to be private, but it ultimately depends on the platform and its security measures. It is always best to assume that anything you share in a PM could potentially be seen by others.

5. Is there a limit to the number of people I can include in a PM (conversation)?

This varies depending on the messaging platform. Some platforms may have a limit on the number of participants in a PM, while others may not have a limit at all.