Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Problem with LaTeX?

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I was experiencing the same problem this weekend. After checking the MathJax website, apparently it was an error in the recent upgrade. Clear your cache and it should work fine. It does for me now.

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
I have seen a number of posts over the last couple of days where the LaTeX does not render or produces an error message in red. They appear to cross some threshold of complexity, the latest example is http://www.mathhelpboards.com/showt...terms-of-the-unit-step-function-u(x)#post2250

but I have seen another that rendered correctly on Saturday but gave a red error message on Sunday.

CB
I am seeing a lot of posts at the moment where the LaTeX won't render (even in the same thread where it does in other posts,

Test:
\[ \sin(x)=0.34 \]

Does not perview.

Does render when submitted. Except now after edit does not render even after a reload...

This is with Internet exploder 8 under W7.

CB

Last edited:

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
It renders fine for me in Firefox. I read on Mathjax's website that there have been reported problems with IE. Take a look at this link please and tell me if any of the suggested solutions work for you.

EDIT: We've gone back to Mathjax 1.1. How's everything look now?

Last edited:

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
It renders fine for me in Firefox. I read on Mathjax's website that there have been reported problems with IE. Take a look at this link please and tell me if any of the suggested solutions work for you.

EDIT: We've gone back to Mathjax 1.1. How's everything look now?
I will let you know tomorrow when I am back in the office, I'm at home now and don't use IE here. Everything looks OK in Chrome

CB

Last edited:

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
I will let you know tomorrow when I am back in the office, I'm at home now and don't use IE here. Everything looks OK in Chrome

CB
Seems OK under IE8

CB