Problem with charging a 12V1.3AH/20HR battery

In summary, the individual has attempted to charge a 12V1.3AH/20HR battery using 12V solar panels with a max output of 200mAh, but the solar panels were unable to charge the battery. They then tried to use a car battery charger, but it was not suitable for charging batteries below 20A. The individual has also provided additional information about the battery, including its voltage and intended use for PC-related purposes. They also have a universal regulator that can be adjusted to supply 1.5-12V, and are wondering if it can be used to charge the battery.
Marquis
I've got a 12V1.3AH/20HR battery and I tried charging it with my 12V solar pannels of 200mAh max output together (2 solar panels with 100mAh max designed for charging car battery trough cigarette lighter thing) but the solar panels their lights wouldn't go off meaning no power were given to the battery (these blue leds light up when the panels do not power anything, they go off when I connect a solar panel to a little red led which then lights up for example)
Since the solar panels couldn't do the job for some reason I wanted to try with a car battery charger 12V 4A but it says don't charge batteries beneath 20A (and up to 70A max) =.=

Any idea why the solar panels couldn't start charging and why I can't charge it with the car battery charger(is this damaging for the battery or would it just not work or something)?

Already thanks for reading, hope you can help =)

Engineering news on Phys.org
Has the battery been sitting around flat (discharged) for a long time?

uart said:
Has the battery been sitting around flat (discharged) for a long time?

I wouldn't think so
Initial current : less than 0.39A
Cycle use: 14.4-15.0V
Standby use: 13.5-13.8V
Sealed Rechargable Baterry BAT-LEAD-02 (12V1.3AH/20HR)
(btw what's or why "/20HR"?)

[extra info]
bought it yesterday in a shop called Alfa Parts which is kinda just a shop where you can order stuff from a supplier, the initial order was from the shop itself which was 10 batteries of that type, they we're destined for something with pc's I think but ain't sure, they came in the shop on friday but I do not know the exact amount of time between shop, supplier and factory.

Found a "universal regulator", was actually looking for an adapter for a drill I had somewhere, turns out it's an
"universal regulator"
PRI: 230V~50hz 10.2W
SEC: 1.5-3-4.5-6-7.5-9-12
300mA 3.6VA
So I can regulate it from 1.5 to 12 V

Could it be used to charge that battery?

Related to Problem with charging a 12V1.3AH/20HR battery

1. How long will it take to charge a 12V1.3AH/20HR battery?

The charging time for a 12V1.3AH/20HR battery will depend on the charger being used and the current being supplied. On average, it can take anywhere from 4-10 hours to fully charge the battery.

2. Can I use any charger to charge this battery?

No, it is important to use a charger that is specifically designed for this type of battery. Using the wrong charger can damage the battery and even pose a safety risk.

3. How do I know when the battery is fully charged?

Most chargers will have an indicator light that will turn off or change color when the battery is fully charged. You can also use a multimeter to measure the voltage of the battery, which should be around 13-14 volts when fully charged.

4. Is it safe to leave the battery charging overnight?

It is generally not recommended to leave the battery charging overnight or for an extended period of time. Overcharging can damage the battery and decrease its lifespan. It is best to monitor the charging process and disconnect the battery once it is fully charged.

5. How often should I charge the battery?

This will depend on how frequently you use the battery and how much power it uses. It is generally recommended to charge the battery when it reaches 50% or lower capacity. For optimal performance and lifespan, avoid fully discharging the battery before recharging.