Solving a Cube Physics Problem: A Step-by-Step Guide

In summary, the conversation is about a physics problem with a diagram provided. The original poster is asking for help in solving the problem and requests a step-by-step solution. Another user responds by suggesting to redraw the diagram and use rules for finding resistances in parallel and series. The original poster is encouraged to attempt the problem and seek further assistance if needed.
cbaker
http://www.holymac.com/physics_problem.gif

Can anyone solve this? Or show me in detail what to do? A complete step-by-step solution would be preferable though. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi cbaker, and welcome to PF. I would appreciate it if you would review the policy for the Homework Help forum,

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28

Thanks,

cbaker,

To do this one, simply redraw it in a way you can visualise it.

Line them up in sets of parallel and series resistors with A on the left side and B on the right.

Then go through and start using the rules for finding out resistances across parallel and series R.

Give it a shot, post what you've done, and we'll be more than happy to help you out.

1. How do I approach solving a cube physics problem?

To solve a cube physics problem, you should first gather all the necessary information and identify the known and unknown variables. Then, choose the appropriate equations and principles to apply to the problem and begin solving step by step.

2. What are some common equations used in solving a cube physics problem?

Some common equations used in solving a cube physics problem include the formula for force (F=ma), the formula for work (W=Fd), and the formula for power (P=W/t).

3. How do I know which equations to use for a specific cube physics problem?

To determine which equations to use, you should carefully read and understand the given problem and identify the variables that are known and unknown. Then, choose the equations that involve those variables and apply them accordingly.

4. What are some tips for solving a cube physics problem more efficiently?

Some tips for solving a cube physics problem more efficiently include organizing information and equations, using a systematic approach, and double-checking your work for accuracy.

5. What should I do if I am stuck on a particular step while solving a cube physics problem?

If you are stuck on a particular step while solving a cube physics problem, try breaking down the problem into smaller parts and tackling each part separately. You can also seek help from a teacher, tutor, or study group to gain a different perspective and find a solution.