Serial Experiments Lain: Amazing Anime Series

In summary, the conversation is about the anime series "Serial Experiments Lain" and the participants are discussing their opinions and experiences with the show. One person highly recommends it and mentions its mind-warping and philosophical themes, while another person regrets not giving it a chance and expresses interest in rewatching it. There is also a discussion about the show being confusing and not giving any spoilers.
Pyrite
Is anyone else here a big fan of the anime series "Serial Experiments Lain"?
personally, i think it rocks, though it also manages to make The Matrix series look simple and straightforeward in comparison.

Physics news on Phys.org
a friend and i went to the video store one day and got a whole load of anime, serial experiments lain included, we watched about half an episode and gave up, which i now regret as it looked really interesting, you just got to be in the mood however, as with most anime.

half an episode? HALF AN EPISODE??!

good god, you haven't even begun to dive into the depths of it.
I will warn you, that if you ever get your hands on it again, it will confuse the hell out of you, while dragging your idea of reality through a meat grinder and then smooshing it back together with one of those squeezing thignies that they had in olden times for drying clothes.

as all good anime should!

Another Lain Fan!

I asked this question in these forums about a year ago. Sadly I never received a reply. Anyone interested in philosophy and religion should see Serial Experiments Lain, so I was hoping someone around here had seen this magnificent and deep anime. Alas I found another person who has seen it. :smile: I've seen it a few times. It is a brilliant and truly mind-warping story. I’m a huge fan of Lain! I want the DVD box set but unfortunately don’t have the money to spend on it right now. :frown: You mentioning it makes me want to go watch it again, I haven’t seen it in awhile…

ah. I just started watching it. I am on layer 6 or so. No Spoilers please! The first part starts out soo slow. But I hear that it is a little less confusing in the later episodes and stuff is explained.

So far I think it is pretty cool :)

It never really stops getting confusing. and don't worry, I won't tell you any spoilers.

1. What is "Serial Experiments Lain" about?

"Serial Experiments Lain" is a psychological thriller anime series that follows the story of Lain Iwakura, a shy and introverted girl who becomes obsessed with the internet after receiving an email from a classmate who committed suicide. As she delves deeper into the digital world, she uncovers a complex and mysterious conspiracy surrounding the Wired (a virtual reality internet), and her own identity.

2. Who created "Serial Experiments Lain"?

The series was created by Japanese director and screenwriter, Ryutaro Nakamura. He collaborated with writer Chiaki J. Konaka and character designer Yoshitoshi ABe to bring this unique and thought-provoking story to life.

3. What makes "Serial Experiments Lain" stand out from other anime series?

One of the main reasons "Serial Experiments Lain" is so highly regarded is because of its unique and thought-provoking storytelling. The series tackles complex themes such as identity, reality, and the influence of technology on society. It also incorporates elements of philosophy, psychology, and conspiracy theories, making it a truly mind-bending experience.

4. Is "Serial Experiments Lain" suitable for all ages?

No, "Serial Experiments Lain" is not suitable for all ages. The series contains mature themes, violence, and some disturbing scenes that may not be appropriate for younger viewers. It is recommended for mature audiences only.

5. Where can I watch "Serial Experiments Lain"?

The series is available for streaming on various platforms such as Hulu, Funimation, and Amazon Prime Video. It can also be purchased on DVD and Blu-ray. However, availability may vary depending on your location.