The Man's Guide To P.M.S.

• Thread starter Zantra
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the struggles of understanding and dealing with a woman's PMS. The original poster suggests that men just accept it and not try to understand it. Others offer advice such as not arguing or trying to apologize, but instead being tolerant and giving the woman space during that time. The conversation acknowledges that PMS is a real and difficult thing for women, but also notes that it can cause tension and misunderstandings in relationships.
Zantra
Heheh.. actually I was hoping someone else would start- I'm clueless.
Well my fiancee has it like every other girl on the planet, and of course I'm expected to keep track of these things, and know her cycle.
So I tell her I'll be more understanding. So what does she tell me?

"no you don't understand what I want"

So normally in conversation it's followed by the person stating what it is they want. Nope.."what DO you want?" Dead silence. It's not like I'm young and not used to dealing with it,but I'm no closer to an answer now than I was 10 years ago. As guys, we can't understand it so we just accept it.

So if anyone has any good tips for how to deal with this, I'm all ears, and totally open to suggestion. At this point I'll try anything.
I also encourage the females to give me suggestions. Personally I don't think this is something even a physicist could solve.. *shrug*

HELP!

Physics news on Phys.org
1: DONT argue with them. It won't help, and it will just get them angry.

every time she's on staple her mouth shut. see engineers are better than physicists. u guys think too much.

You will find your answer here:

here

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
You will find your answer here:

here

Yes I thought it was an astounding encyclopedia of everything men know about women. So wise:wink:

ahh silly boys, when a girls got PMS the last thing she needs is a shoulder to cry on or someone to be understanding, unless it's another girl. you've got to let a girl be withdrawn, it's sometimes the only way to cope because you just can't stand to be around people. let her be enigmatic and lock herself in her room!

i say this but all girls are different and go through different stuff, just rememeber PMS isn't just an excuse to be a *****, it can lead to serious depression and you really can't understand that unless you live it once a month.

WOW! automatic censorship, i have never seen that before, i only said b*tch, what if i need to refer to female dogs in the other science forum? big brother is watching... *spooky music*

Originally posted by steppenwolf
ahh silly boys, when a girls got PMS the last thing she needs is a shoulder to cry on or someone to be understanding, unless it's another girl. you've got to let a girl be withdrawn, it's sometimes the only way to cope because you just can't stand to be around people. let her be enigmatic and lock herself in her room!

i say this but all girls are different and go through different stuff, just rememeber PMS isn't just an excuse to be a *****, it can lead to serious depression and you really can't understand that unless you live it once a month.

If only I were so lucky that she'd lock herself away during that period. I can't say I know of ANY females that do that:frown:

This is a fuzzy topic. With women I try to be always the same. If she gets angry with me during PMS, so be it. It only lasts a couple of days and she'll want to make up after that. She knows it's her fault you got into a fight.
On the other hand there are some women who may blame it on you, you know that "you don't understand me" crap. I usually stay away from such women, but you can always turn the tables and tell her you stayed away from "the line of fire" just because you understand her. Work on that story...

Expert advice: just be more tolerant, there is really no thing someone can say to me to make the mood better. The girl might become irritated or start fussing about stuff or get angry, saying sorry won't help.. for me the best thing would be to be humble, accept the situation and within a few minutes the dark cloud will have moved past :)

The irritation is something that cannot be stopped and is really not meant to be nasty, that is why a fight or an apology doesn't help the situation since the irritation is still there afterwards even though the apology is accepted, again, let it blow over.

PMS is really a nasty thing, and yes, it really does exist (for those who think it is just an excuse). I always know that my time is coming when I start crying about some silly television commercial, have no tolerance and feel irritated over small issues :) I DO try to give people a break by not reacting on it though :P

In a word,
run

1. What is P.M.S.?

P.M.S. stands for Premenstrual Syndrome. It refers to a combination of physical, emotional, and behavioral symptoms that occur in women in the days leading up to their menstrual period.

2. Is P.M.S. a real condition?

Yes, P.M.S. is a real condition that affects many women. It is recognized by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists as a legitimate medical condition.

3. What are the symptoms of P.M.S.?

The symptoms of P.M.S. can vary from woman to woman, but some common symptoms include bloating, mood swings, irritability, fatigue, and food cravings. These symptoms usually occur in the two weeks before a woman's period.

4. How can I support someone experiencing P.M.S.?

One of the best ways to support someone experiencing P.M.S. is to be understanding and patient. Ask them how you can help and be willing to listen to their needs. It can also be helpful to offer to do household tasks or run errands for them while they are experiencing symptoms.

5. Are there any treatments for P.M.S.?

Yes, there are various treatments for P.M.S. that can help alleviate symptoms. These can include lifestyle changes, such as regular exercise and a healthy diet, as well as medications or supplements prescribed by a doctor. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional for personalized treatment options.