How to send a self develop theory for publication or copyright?

In summary, to protect your probability idea, you should aim to get it published in a recognized journal. This will ensure that you receive credit for the idea and any subsequent use of it will require citation to your paper. If your idea has commercial applications, you could also try to secure funding from a venture capitalist and keep the idea as a proprietary secret. Before taking any legal steps, it is best to consult with a lawyer, as laws may differ in different countries. When choosing a journal, opt for a peer-reviewed one to ensure the accuracy and validity of your work. Copyright only protects your text, not your theory, so it is important to focus on publishing in a reputable journal.
New|c
i have a paper on probabilities. What shld i do? i am in singapore. do i send for copyright or what sort of route i shld take.

Physics news on Phys.org
Copyright only protects your text, not your theory. The best way to protect your idea is to get a paper on it accepted by a recognized journal. Then even if someone else uses the idea, the community will force them to cite your paper and you will get credit.

If your probability idea has commercial applications, you could try to get a venture capitalist to fund a company to exploit it, and the idea would be a proprietary secret of that company, which would give it a certain protection (you could maybe sue anybody who stole it).

Since laws differ in different countries, what you should do first is cough up maybe $50 or equivalent in your currency and talk to a lawyer.

u mean that i shld get it copy right..and get it publish at some journel like america journal of physics?

If it is about probability, you may want a journal on math. There are plenty to choose from. You will need to do some research and figure out which of them best suit the issue. The best would be to try in a peer-reviewed journal.

ahrkron said:
If it is about probability, you may want a journal on math. There are plenty to choose from. You will need to do some research and figure out which of them best suit the issue. The best would be to try in a peer-reviewed journal.

what do you mean by peer reviewed journal? thanks guys

Peer reviewed journal articles are checked by other experts in the field to make sure that no mistakes have been made in analysis or implementation.

New|c said:
u mean that i shld get it copy right..and get it publish at some journel like america journal of physics?

I don't know how the law differs in Singapore, but in the US you own the copyright once the work is set down in tangible form. You can register the copyright, which affords certain advantages, but not for an academic paper. Most journals have you transfer the copyright to them anyway.

1. How do I protect my self-developed theory from being stolen?

In order to protect your self-developed theory from being stolen, you can apply for a copyright or patent. A copyright protects the expression of your theory in a tangible form, such as a written document or presentation. A patent, on the other hand, protects the novel and non-obvious aspects of your theory and requires a more rigorous application process.

2. Can I send my theory to multiple publications at once?

Yes, you can send your theory to multiple publications at once. However, it is important to check the publication's submission guidelines to make sure they allow simultaneous submissions. If not, you may have to wait for a response from one publication before submitting to another.

3. Do I need to have a complete theory before submitting it for publication or copyright?

No, your theory does not have to be fully developed before submitting it for publication or copyright. However, it should be well-developed enough to be considered original and contribute to the existing knowledge in your field. Many publications also require a clear and concise abstract that summarizes your theory.

4. Is it necessary to have a co-author when submitting a self-developed theory for publication?

No, it is not necessary to have a co-author when submitting a self-developed theory for publication. However, having a co-author can provide additional expertise and credibility to your theory. If you do have a co-author, it is important to discuss and agree on the division of credit and responsibilities for the theory.

5. How long does the process of sending a self-developed theory for publication or copyright take?

The process of sending a self-developed theory for publication or copyright can vary in length. It depends on the publication's review process, which can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months. The copyright application process can also take several months. It is important to plan ahead and be patient during this process.