Feynman Lectures Physics Vol 1-3 MP3s - Find & Download

In summary: Sure. https://sites.google.com/site/feynmanlectures/https://sites.google.com/site/vegaorguk/series/lectures/feynman/https://sites.google.com/site/altbinariesounds/https://sites.google.com/site/usenethelp/https://sites.google.com/site/easynews/https://sites.google.com/site/chroot/
Nimrod
hi all,

I've been busy collecting the mp3's of the original tapes of Feynman lectures on physics during the 1960's. So far - using mainly Kazaa and dc++ - I've found nearly all the lectures of Volume 1 and 3. The lectures of Volume 2 are quite hard to find.
Does anyone here know a database I can access, or is one of you willing to share them through some kind of medium? (for instance ftp or something like that?)

thanks a lot

Physics news on Phys.org
Not sure if http://www.vega.org.uk/series/lectures/feynman/index.html [Broken] will add to your collection, but it's worth a viewing. That link was posted in the quantum physics forum I believe, but I don't recall which thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Descartes
Not sure if http://www.vega.org.uk/series/lectures/feynman/index.html [Broken] will add to your collection, but it's worth a viewing. That link was posted in the quantum physics forum I believe, but I don't recall which thread.
OMG, that is so cool are there any sites where lectures (of any science) can be found?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Monique
OMG, that is so cool are there any sites where lectures (of any science) can be found?
Never mind, I was browsing the site given by Descartes, turns out there are quite a bit of lectures on there.. better than watching some hollywood movie, isn't it?

But any other sites?

But that would cost $9.98 a month, am I right?
That's correct. Beats the $10 per hour it'd cost to buy them on cassette anyway.

- Warren

The free-trial link is not working (there IS a refund policy, but I am lazy) could you scetch a global picture of what is available on easynews.com?

could you scetch a global picture of what is available on easynews.com?
Everything. I'm not kidding. I don't use Kazaa, DC++, or any of that other peer-to-peer crap, because I get better quality stuff with much, much, MUCH less hassle on the usenet.

Give me something you're looking for (music, audio book, software program, anything) and I'll tell you what's available on the usenet right now. Easynews keeps about 30 days of posts.

- Warren

If you are interested in mp3 lecures on physics, there are quite a few remaining in the alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.spoken-word group. I believe that the feynman lectures are still present and complete. Over the past month there has been a plethora of physics lectures and notes, but most of them have been purged over the past few weeks. The highest retenion time for most binary groups is about 25 days and depends on the Usenet service you use(Easynews has one of the highest). If you get in now, you should be able to at least get all of the Feyman stuff.

The good news is that I am expecting a complete repost . It is very common for posters to do this. If you follow the group for a while you should be the lecrure pimp mastah.

Also

I srongly recommend that everybody check out the alt.binaries.e-book.technical group (mostly pdf and chm ebooks). There was a recent poster who did a " Merry Xmas Ebook Flood". It is he most massive flood of technical books I have EVER seen. There are about 1300 books in the flood. This group sees everything from computer books, to engineering/math and how to hack your Tivo books.:smile:. If you are interested, act now.

Easynews charges $9.98 per 6.0 Gigs of transfer, or thirty days - whichever comes first.

Merry Xmas and happy flooding all.

Last edited:
Originally posted by chroot
Everything. I'm not kidding. I don't use Kazaa, DC++, or any of that other peer-to-peer crap, because I get better quality stuff with much, much, MUCH less hassle on the usenet.

Give me something you're looking for (music, audio book, software program, anything) and I'll tell you what's available on the usenet right now. Easynews keeps about 30 days of posts.

- Warren

Chroot is right. There is no comparison. The quality is so far ahead of any PP net. The people who post on usenet are usually very competent.

Also, you can find anyhing on there (pictures, apps, music, movies, roms,books, games, and of course news and advice:smile: ).

Wacth out for the pÖrÑ though. .

thanks for the replies. I was actually allready trying the usenet, but my provider hasn't got much serverspace I am afraid. I'll consider getting an extra news-account, or try friends who have one that is better than mine.
Thanks for the Auckland-university link btw. I now have 4 very cool lectures to listen AND watch in my collection ^_^
So no-one has an ftp up and running with this cool stuff on it?

GOOGLE

google

google rulez, that's for sure, but can you post some links then?

Hey, I know this thread was dead, but I really would like some help.

I'm trying to get all of the Feynman lectures on .mp3 too. Did you have any luck? I tried usenet but it wasn't there any more. Any help would be great!

Based on the postings here, you may have to wait for somebody to post it again at Easynews.

I typed in Feynman into my Shareaza program and came up with 100s of downloads. unfortunately they are all from people with dial up connections and I am on a dial up myself, so it will take me about 4 1/2 years to download them all, but I'll start now. I'll be suprised if I get any of them fully downloaded.

I feel sorry for you people who still attempt to use peer-to-peer filesharing.

- Warren

Your best bet is to make a request for a flood of the lectures in the alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.spoken-word group. There are a few of them on the easynews server now, but they are just random fills. You could also just wait and watch, they are very popular and will surely be posted again in their entirety.

Good Luck

Try DC++ in the Ebook hubs

What are the Feynman Lectures Physics Vol 1-3 MP3s?

The Feynman Lectures Physics Vol 1-3 MP3s are a collection of audio recordings of the famous lectures given by Nobel Prize-winning physicist Richard Feynman at the California Institute of Technology in the early 1960s. They cover a wide range of topics in physics, from basic mechanics to quantum mechanics.

Where can I find and download the Feynman Lectures Physics Vol 1-3 MP3s?

The Feynman Lectures Physics Vol 1-3 MP3s can be found and downloaded from various online sources, such as the official website for the Feynman Lectures on Physics or online marketplaces like Amazon and iTunes.

Are the Feynman Lectures Physics Vol 1-3 MP3s suitable for all levels of understanding?

The Feynman Lectures Physics Vol 1-3 MP3s were originally intended for undergraduate students studying physics, but they can also be enjoyed by anyone with an interest in the subject. The lectures are presented in a clear and engaging manner, making them accessible to listeners of all levels of understanding.

In what format are the Feynman Lectures Physics Vol 1-3 MP3s available?

The Feynman Lectures Physics Vol 1-3 MP3s are available in MP3 format, which is a popular and widely supported audio format that can be played on most devices, including smartphones, computers, and MP3 players.

Can the Feynman Lectures Physics Vol 1-3 MP3s be used for educational purposes?

Yes, the Feynman Lectures Physics Vol 1-3 MP3s can be used for educational purposes. In fact, many universities and schools use these lectures as part of their physics curriculum. They are a valuable resource for students and teachers alike, providing a comprehensive and engaging overview of various topics in physics.