He can not access BitTorrent(BT)

• Thread starter expscv
  • Start date
In summary, my friend was joking around and got killed in the end because he commented on famous Bruce Willis' alternate character.
expscv
my friend currently got a problem, with his internet, he can not access

BitTorrent(BT) type service it says the firewall was on or you are in a intranet. , i believe it was the build in firewall in his dsl modem block such service. becasue he did not have any external firewall not even windows's build in.

my friend connect to internet via dsl modem using lan.

so how do i help him?

thx

Computer science news on Phys.org
expscv said:
my friend currently got a problem, with his internet, he can not access

BitTorrent(BT) type service it says the firewall was on or you are in a intranet. , i believe it was the build in firewall in his dsl modem block such service. becasue he did not have any external firewall not even windows's build in.

my friend connect to internet via dsl modem using lan.

so how do i help him?

thx
Hey, you told me that you didnt know anything about computer, but now why dyou talk like a professional huh ? You know about build-in firewall, bit torrent service and many other things about lan.

I think what you believe isnot incorrect, but about how to change it, I don't know either...

>>>>(Just in case you are for real) What i said about my internet problem was just a joke to make sure about you and that's all, I know it right then... Thanks and don't take it too seriously like that...lol...

I am not sure if I understood what you are asking but if I did understand correctly then it is something like this…Your friend has a working DSL connection but a peer-to-peer application, called BitTorrent, is not working and you believe the problem is caused by a firewall restriction.

I did a search on what ports are required to be open for BitTorrent and came up with TCP ports 6881 through 6999.

Get into your friend’s DSL modem and see if it has the ability to do one-to-one port mappings and point all of those ports to the local IP of your friends machine.

Vance said:
Hey, you told me that you didnt know anything about computer, but now why dyou talk like a professional huh ? You know about build-in firewall, bit torrent service and many other things about lan.

I think what you believe isnot incorrect, but about how to change it, I don't know either...

>>>>(Just in case you are for real) What i said about my internet problem was just a joke to make sure about you and that's all, I know it right then... Thanks and don't take it too seriously like that...lol...

hoho i got tricked, but this is for my other friend =)

syano said:
I am not sure if I understood what you are asking but if I did understand correctly then it is something like this…Your friend has a working DSL connection but a peer-to-peer application, called BitTorrent, is not working and you believe the problem is caused by a firewall restriction.

I did a search on what ports are required to be open for BitTorrent and came up with TCP ports 6881 through 6999.

Get into your friend’s DSL modem and see if it has the ability to do one-to-one port mappings and point all of those ports to the local IP of your friends machine.

yeah that's the situation, but how do i check

"the ability to do one-to-one port mappings and point all of those ports to the local IP of your friends machine"

thx

Nothing at all, i just wanted to know the truth around you..

this is interesting. hoho do u mean u r testing me? i guess i could pass those exams. =P

Actually, on the net like this, there is no one lost or won, there is always time and space for us to make some preparation before handling some situations, but the more you post, the more people might be able to guess who you are...

Last edited:
Oh well, just right before i post this one. Tell you what i just discovered

YES, I am soso luckie when I have been talking with my famous holywood character Bruce Willis for ages but never even thought who that was . A MAD MAN who is trying to kill people at the end of each play. Oh yeah, really perfect and really funnie, laugh at me, a stupid Homey.
I am thinking of a partie to share this fun with my friends...we sure have a dance partie. I don't know how to dance like ACTORs or ACTRESS but I CAN and surely can jump like a monkie. How perfect I am when having commented on famous BRUCE WILLIS 's alternate character only to get killed in the end...
Hope this is a good chance for someone to say more in public...

Read and digest this- my last post, liar !

Last edited:
Umm, I have poor English I guess, I don’t really understand u well

and

Vance said:
Read and digest this- my last post, liar !

what r u talking abt? ...

This is the best thread ever

You guys have gone way off topic. I'm closing the thread.

1. Why am I unable to access BitTorrent?

There could be several reasons why you are unable to access BitTorrent. It could be due to network issues, a problem with your internet connection, or your ISP blocking access to the website. It could also be a result of firewall or antivirus settings on your device.

2. How can I troubleshoot the issue of not being able to access BitTorrent?

To troubleshoot the issue, you can try the following steps:

• Check your internet connection and make sure it is stable.
  • Disable any firewall or antivirus software temporarily and try accessing BitTorrent again.
  • Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
  • Restart your router and modem.
  • If possible, try accessing BitTorrent from a different device or network.
If none of these steps work, it could be a problem with the website itself or with your ISP.

3. Can my location affect my ability to access BitTorrent?

Yes, your location can affect your ability to access BitTorrent. Some countries have strict laws regarding file-sharing and may block access to BitTorrent. In such cases, you can use a virtual private network (VPN) to bypass these restrictions and access the website.

4. Is it legal to use BitTorrent?

It is legal to use BitTorrent, but it is important to note that the platform itself is not responsible for the content shared by its users. Downloading and sharing copyrighted material without permission is illegal and can result in legal consequences.

5. Can I use BitTorrent on any device?

BitTorrent is available for most operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux. It is also accessible on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. However, some devices may not be compatible with the software or may require additional plugins to use it.