2 N-Dimensional Space Intersection

In summary, the conversation was about whether two N-dimensional spaces (Sn1 and Sn2) would always form another M-dimensional space, where M is either 0 or M bigger or equal one smaller or equal N-1. The person's friend proposed that if the two spaces have a common dimension, then they would intersect in a line, plane, or 3D space depending on the number of common dimensions. However, the person is skeptical and wants to disprove this argument. The best way to do so would be to provide a counter-example where two N-dimensional spaces intersect in something that is not an (M-1) dimensional space. This would go against what the friend proposed.
LLT
ok...
first of all, I was discussing with my friend, he propose an argument of, if you have two N-Dimensional Spaces, (let's called it Sn1 and Sn2), they will form another M-Dimensional Spaces, which M is either 0 or M bigger or equal one smaller or equal N-1...

what he said was that if Sn1 and Sn2 got 1 common dimension, it'll intersect in a line, if they got 2 common dimentsion, it'll intersect in a plane, if 3, a 3D space etc... etc...

I dun think this works... But how can I disproved it?

(he knows it doesn't work with 2 planes, coz u can't produce a point with 2 planars intersection, hence he's trying to convince me it works for N greater or equal to 3)

Astronomy news on Phys.org
That's an interesting question. I think the best way to disprove your friend's argument would be to provide a counter-example where two N-dimensional spaces intersect in something that is not an (M-1) dimensional space. For example, if you have two three-dimensional spaces intersecting in one point, then they would form a 0-dimensional space (the point). This is different from what your friend proposed, since he said that M would either have to be 0 or M bigger or equal one smaller or equal N-1. Hope this helps!

1. What is "2 N-Dimensional Space Intersection"?

"2 N-Dimensional Space Intersection" is a mathematical concept that involves finding the common points or regions of two or more shapes or objects in a multidimensional space. It is often used in fields such as computer graphics, computer vision, and geometry.

2. How is "2 N-Dimensional Space Intersection" different from traditional intersection?

The traditional intersection refers to the point or region where two lines or shapes meet in a two-dimensional space. "2 N-Dimensional Space Intersection" extends this concept to higher dimensions, such as three-dimensional or four-dimensional space.

3. What are the applications of "2 N-Dimensional Space Intersection"?

"2 N-Dimensional Space Intersection" has various applications in different fields. In computer graphics, it is used to determine the visibility of objects in a three-dimensional scene. In computer vision, it is used for object recognition and tracking. In geometry, it is used to solve problems involving the intersection of multiple shapes.

4. How is "2 N-Dimensional Space Intersection" calculated?

The calculation of "2 N-Dimensional Space Intersection" varies depending on the specific problem and the dimensions involved. In general, it involves solving a system of equations or using algorithms such as the sweep line method or the Bentley-Ottmann algorithm.

5. Are there any limitations to "2 N-Dimensional Space Intersection"?

Yes, there are limitations to "2 N-Dimensional Space Intersection" as it becomes increasingly complex with higher dimensions. It also requires a certain level of mathematical understanding and computational power to solve problems involving "2 N-Dimensional Space Intersection". Additionally, it may not always provide a unique solution in cases of overlapping or intersecting shapes.