What's Your Job at Physicsforums?

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Job
In summary: Originally posted by Monique And Hurkyl, that was a reply to me? There is nothing wrong with working full-time, nothing wrong with working over-time either if the job is good. The point is that there is so little energy left in the evenings to study when you are a student, right? I mean, the only timeframe for me is 20-22h right now, and that leaves no time for relaxation (time for PF can always be made...).
Andy
After reading Gales thread i thought that this would be a good idea, probably not though.

What Jobs does everybody here at physicsforums have? Even if your a student, what's your part time job?

Physics news on Phys.org
My job was finding genes that caused a disease, now my job is finding markers which tell that there is a disease with all kinds of technologies. Besides that I went back to being a student :)

Research in Biomedical Sciences is fun!

Oh yeah I forgot about me!

I am a Mercedes Benz (Daimler Chrysler) Diagnostic Technician Aprentice .

Non-degreed mechanical engineer/designer of HVAC, plumbing, fire protection systems.

Entrepreneur, Student, EMT

Originally posted by Monique
My job was finding genes that caused a disease, now my job is finding markers which tell that there is a disease with all kinds of technologies. Besides that I went back to being a student :)

Research in Biomedical Sciences is fun!
Cool job!

I'm a dedicate student, no part-time job for the time being.

Protector of Earth, God of Thunder, and all that cool stuff.

Hey Photon, you took my job...i found that the hours were too long.
Now i work in a bookies (betting shop)

Also a full-time grad student in physics - not working at this time.

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

LOL!

Computer Tech/network admin/ whatever, blah blah

Soon to be med student

I'm a Sr. Lecturer of college

Software "engineer"/developer operating in a consulting capacity. I get to work from home when I'm not visiting clients, and the flexibility allows me to pursue other ventures.

Originally posted by Saint
I'm a Sr. Lecturer of college
Cool, which subjects do you lecture?

subjects of mechanical engineering?

I'm a medical physicist.

I do clinical work in radiotherapy, with a large dose of programming for project work.

Maintenance Technician for HP.

I keep the tools that do wafer level processes for ink jet cartriges running. We are currently producing the pens for the latest generation of HP printers. If you have one of the new model HP printers, the heart of its pens went through one of my tools.

I'm a student/lab engineer for Trane. Work with prototypes and testing designs. Isn't a bad job other than the cold weather we've had here last week or two..

-Ty

Metalurgical lab tech, and about to go back to college to finish my engineering degree.

Last year student for my BSc (mathematics & physics)

Soon to be studying for my masters degree in physics.

And then, who knows? :smile:

pimpin' and dealin'

Retired. Formerly data base administrator for a number of companies (FMC and Marshall Fields were a couple). One time grad student in math.

Is there going to be a statistical run down on all this?

15-year-old high-school student...gonna graduate soon, but haven't yet. As for part-time jobs...well, I've done lawn-mowing and stuff like that, but I'm currently helping a friend with some repair projects...we help repair stuff around people's houses like plumbing, door locks, paint - you know, the whole "handyman" deal :smile:.

Originally posted by Artman
Non-degreed mechanical engineer/designer of HVAC, plumbing, fire protection systems.
I am also an HVAC engineer.

Statistical Analysis? Depends if you want to do one!

Originally posted by Zero
Metalurgical lab tech, and about to go back to college to finish my engineering degree.
going back to school, that should be fun I hope you are not going to work full-time next to that? It is a drag

Originally posted by Monique
going back to school, that should be fun I hope you are not going to work full-time next to that? It is a drag

For many of us, that is the only option.

I am a poor student majoring in computer science, spending most of my time in the library, sleeping under the desks and programming web applications for a quick buck. Oh i also like to search the internet for interesting sites like this one. My hobbies are reading and studying mathematics and physics.

What's wrong with full-time work? I like my job!

Originally posted by gimpy
I am a poor student majoring in computer science, spending most of my time in the library, sleeping under the desks and programming web applications for a quick buck. Oh i also like to search the internet for interesting sites like this one. My hobbies are reading and studying mathematics and physics.
Welcome gimpy :)

And Hurkyl, that was a reply to me? There is nothing wrong with working full-time, nothing wrong with working over-time either if the job is good. The point is that there is so little energy left in the evenings to study when you are a student, right? I mean, the only timeframe for me is 20-22h right now, and that leaves no time for relaxation (time for PF can always be made :P).

Welcome gimpy. It's fun to see a fellow montrealer.

I am master student in microbiology.

I'm planning on going back to school full time,and I currently work full time. SHould be interesting...

Originally posted by iansmith
Welcome gimpy. It's fun to see a fellow montrealer.

I am master student in microbiology.

Master Student eh. I am not there yet. Still Undergrad at Concordia. I guess your at Mcgill if you in Microbiology. Go habs

I am just a tenthgrader with no job but i want to get into programming and if that dosent work, go to film school and become a director or independent film maker, and if that fails a physits, and if that fails i will prabably be a jaintor or maintance person seeing as they make a good deal of money.