The Future of Science: What Are Your Goals?

• Thread starter jhirlo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary, Simple as subject. The person wants to become a Mercedes Benz Technician. They hope to study the sun and end world hunger. They have a goal of becoming a popular programmer.
jhirlo
Simple as subject . What would you like to do, what kind of change would you like to make, what's your goal, in what field (what is the future of your science)? How do you see your future (job related)? What are you aiming to? C'mon physicists, engineers, molecular biologysts, what are your dreams what kind of future will you create ?

Physics news on Phys.org
VERY good question, actually.. I was just browsing all the different sites which list job openings etc to see what kind of demand there is and what kind of biomedical research there is available. I am also currently orienting myself on the kind of promotion research that is available :)

Unfortunately.. haven't found anything good yet..

This is not as much a science but i want to be the best mercedes benz technician. simple.

I've achieved a happy state of success in the world of software, so my going back to school for physics/astronomy is merely a pursuit of further understanding. It would be fantastic to have my musings some day revered as something noteworthy, but the pursuit of profound understanding is a personal one.

My goal (and hope) is to study the sun, particularly its internal oscillations.

Since I'm studing computer science, it would be ideal for me to make a new generation of software. But since that is probably not going to happen, I would settle with just being a popular programmer.

My ultimate goal: Somehow find a way to make chloroplast a part of human skin cells(or find another way for humans to photosynthesise) and effectively end/greatly diminish world hunger. At this point I've only vague, unsupported ideas on how this may be accomplished, but as more is learned about the process of photosynthesis and genetic engineering, I feel I could at lest start some research that may lead to my dream being realized sometime later on.

to continue to learn...also, i hope in my lifetime i am able to witness the discovery of how life in our universe is ultimately interconnected...right now there are some promising theories...

Originally posted by wasteofo2
My ultimate goal: Somehow find a way to make chloroplast a part of human skin cells(or find another way for humans to photosynthesise) and effectively end/greatly diminish world hunger. At this point I've only vague, unsupported ideas on how this may be accomplished, but as more is learned about the process of photosynthesis and genetic engineering, I feel I could at lest start some research that may lead to my dream being realized sometime later on.
Well I wouldn't like to go away from the basic subject, but my friend it won't do. Too small m^2 of the skin, and we burn too much (fast metabolism), so no way amigo (or you have some solutions for this morphological disability).

Nevertheless I greet that idea, I'm into science for similar reasons (for that I've chosen med sciences before physics, which is more compatible to my machinery)!

Originally posted by jhirlo
Well I wouldn't like to go away from the basic subject, but my friend it won't do. Too small m^2 of the skin, and we burn too much (fast metabolism), so no way amigo (or you have some solutions for this morphological disability).

Nevertheless I greet that idea, I'm into science for similar reasons (for that I've chosen med sciences before physics, which is more compatible to my machinery)!

m^2 meaning surface area? I didn't really plan on people being able to solely rely on the glucose made in photosynthesis, obviously we still need other food sources, but hey, some green africans/indians who aren't as starving as they were before they got my magic photosynthesis shot or whatever wouldn't be a bad thing.

1. What is your goal in your science?

As a scientist, my goal is to understand the natural world through systematic observation, experimentation, and analysis. I aim to contribute to the body of scientific knowledge and make advancements in my field of study.

2. How do you plan to achieve your goal?

To achieve my goal, I follow the scientific method which involves identifying a problem or question, formulating a hypothesis, designing and conducting experiments, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions. I also collaborate with other scientists and continuously learn and adapt as new information becomes available.

3. What motivates you to pursue your goal in science?

I am motivated by my curiosity and passion for understanding the world around me. I believe that science has the power to improve lives and solve complex problems. The opportunity to make a positive impact and contribute to the advancement of society is what drives me in my scientific pursuits.

4. What challenges do you face in achieving your goal?

One of the main challenges I face is securing funding for my research. Scientific research can be expensive, and obtaining grants and funding can be a competitive and time-consuming process. Additionally, conducting experiments and collecting data can be challenging and may require a lot of patience and perseverance.

5. How do you measure success in your scientific endeavors?

Success in scientific research can be measured in various ways, including publication of findings in reputable journals, receiving grants and awards, and making significant contributions to the scientific community. However, for me, the ultimate measure of success is the impact my work has on society and the advancement of scientific knowledge.