So whats your favorite tv program?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Program
In summary: CIPBSBBC America----------------------------In summary, TV programs that the expert enjoys include The Simpsons, Junkyard Wars, and Futurama. They also enjoy watching movies, such as Citizen Kane, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Lawrence of Arabia, and Notorious.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
tv

so what's your favorite tv program?

im into sc fi ,and enjoy programs like the bob ballard under water
search for antiquities typ shows and cartoons.

Physics news on Phys.org
The X-Files (the good stuff)
The Simpsons
Family Guy (when it was on)
Jeopardy!

I too like The X-Files and The Simpsons, I also like Keith Olberman and Joe Scarborough (their shows are named after them, if you haven't heard of them before, they are news [shut up Zero, they are too news, your propoganda-conspiracy theories are stupid; BTW Olberman is a liberal]).

Comedies:
Sienfeld
Arrested Development
Simpsons (who doesn't watch them?)

Documentaries:
Dateline
60 Minutes
Nova
20/20

Dramas:
The OC
7th Heaven
Everwood

Drama(local network)
--------------------------
CSI
Law and Order: Criminal Intent

PBS
-----
NOVA
Globe Trekker

BBC America
------------------
Ballykissangel

Sci-Fi
-------
Farscape (until things got too wierd)
Babylon 5

Other
----------
X-Files (earlier seasons)
Angel
Charmed

what is this NOVA program i keep hearing about?

Originally posted by wolram
what is this NOVA program i keep hearing about?

NOVA is a PBS program that deals with science themes. Most of the shows are in documentary format and explore social sciences, astronomy, physics, etc.

Look it up. They show some very interesting and informative stuff.

Junkyard Wars
Monster Garage
Monster House
Simpsons
Survivor
Dextor's Lab
Crank Yankers
South Park
Saterday Night Live
Mad Tv

Last edited:
I don't really have access to that many TV Channels, but here are a few shows I enjoy:

1. The Simpsons
2. Lonely Planet (when they were showing it)
3. Junkyard Wars

Recently, I have stopped watching TV, as amazingly enough, every channel has been having terrible reception EXCEPT for MTV, which I simply can't stand watching. I've turned to renting movies and I've decided to catch up on the more memorable movies of the last century (I'm 14). I've just caught Citizen Kane, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Lawrence of Arabia, Notorious and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and I thought they were pretty brilliant. Does anyone here share an interest in those kind of movies?

Quite a lot of the boffins I come across dismiss movies as being second to books. I don't really know where I should stand; watching those movies has really been an eye-opening experience for me. Movies convey a lot more emotions, and in a few cases, they are actually quite intellectually stimulating. Of course, books will always be more intellectually satisfying, but they can't convey messages to a universal audience as well as movies can. Well, I guess we need both to survive.

Ok the most obvious one is 'the simpsons' because as greg said, 'who doesn't watch em?'

I don't really watch that much tv really, Rugby World Cup, and any soccer (dammit FOOTBALL) that is on...And of course because i work in a bookies, lots of horse and dog racing. And i liked Futurama. And i watch John Doe and The Sentinel on Sci-Fi. Also i like watching Farscape and Stargate SG-1. So actually i do watch quite a bit of tv...

Loved the X-Files when it was on, occassionally watch reruns
NOVA
Simpsons
Frontline
Law & Order

What is a TV program?

A TV program is a scheduled television show or series that is broadcasted for entertainment or educational purposes.

Why do people have favorite TV programs?

People have favorite TV programs because they enjoy the content, characters, or storylines. It can also serve as a form of escapism or relaxation.

What are some examples of popular TV programs?

Some examples of popular TV programs include Friends, Game of Thrones, The Office, Stranger Things, and The Simpsons.

How do TV programs get made?

TV programs are made through a team effort, typically starting with a script. Actors, directors, producers, and other crew members work together to bring the script to life through filming and editing.

Why do TV programs have different genres?

TV programs have different genres to appeal to different audiences and provide variety in entertainment. Some common genres include comedy, drama, reality TV, and documentaries.