YOU have the power to pick the VP

• News
  • Thread starter schwarzchildradius
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Power
In summary, the conversation discusses potential vice presidential candidates for John Kerry and how they could potentially impact the election. McCain is mentioned as a desirable but unlikely option, while other candidates such as Ed Rendell and Bill Richardson are also considered. Ultimately, the conversation ends with the acknowledgement that the election could be very close and any state, including New Mexico, could make a significant difference.

Which pick for VP would give JK the advantage?

• Clark

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Kucinich

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gephardt

• Edwards

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Clinton (senator)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • McCain

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Nobody

• Total voters
schwarzchildradius
Just kidding. Who would give Kerry the greatest advantage over GWB?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
If Kerry had McCain (a moderate-liberal Republican), he might actually get my vote just based on Kerry's odds of getting hit by a meteor. It'd never happen though.

The VP doesn't mean much. It can be a big negative, but not a big positive. Kerry will probably not take anyone from congress. He might take a governer from a tight state. I think Ed Rendell would be a good choice, but Rendell has a bit of a colorful past. The conventional wisdom is leaning toward Bill Richardson. The election might be so close that even New Mexico could make a big difference.

Njorl

Even though I've heard McCain flat out deny the possiblity that he might accept the VP slot on Kerry's tickett, and is the head of Bush's re-election campaign in his home state, it'd still be nice to get that kind of unity.

What does it mean to have the power to pick the VP?

This means that as a scientist, you have the ability to choose who will serve as the Vice President in a given situation or organization. This could be in a research team, a company, or a political campaign.

How can I exercise this power?

You can exercise this power by actively participating in the decision-making process and providing your input on who you believe would be the best candidate for the VP role. This could involve conducting research, analyzing data, and presenting your findings to the decision makers.

What qualities should I look for in a VP?

There are many qualities that could make a great VP, but some key ones to consider might include leadership skills, teamwork abilities, strong communication skills, and a deep understanding of the subject matter or industry in which they will be working.

Should I consult with others before making my decision?

It may be beneficial to consult with others, especially those who have expertise or experience in the area in which you are picking a VP. This can help you make a more informed decision and potentially avoid any biases that you may have.

What if I make the wrong decision?

It's important to remember that no decision is perfect and there is always a risk of making the wrong choice. If this happens, it's important to reassess and make any necessary changes. It's also important to learn from the experience and use that knowledge to make better decisions in the future.