Solve IE Refreshing Forum Issue & Stop 6s Load Time

• Thread starter Gara
  • Start date
In summary, the IE refreshing forum issue is a problem where Internet Explorer browsers automatically refresh the forum page, causing inconvenience for users. This can occur due to outdated browser versions, corrupted cache, conflicting scripts, or bugs in the browser. To solve the issue, users can try clearing their cache, updating to the latest browser version, or contacting the website administrator. The issue can have a negative impact on user experience and can be reduced by optimizing website code, compressing images, and using a CDN.
Gara
stop the forum from automaticly being refreshed when i press the back button on my IE. it already takes 6 seconds to load a page. if I am looking at 10 posts, the forum is going to refresh 10 times, screwing up where i had scrolled too, and where the posts where. :(

Physics news on Phys.org

What is the IE refreshing forum issue?

The IE refreshing forum issue refers to a problem where Internet Explorer browsers automatically refresh the forum page, causing inconvenience for users. This issue occurs due to a bug in the browser or conflicting scripts on the page.

Why does the IE refreshing forum issue occur?

The IE refreshing forum issue can occur due to various reasons, such as outdated browser versions, corrupted browser cache, conflicting scripts on the page, or bugs in the browser itself. It is important to troubleshoot the issue to determine the exact cause.

How can I solve the IE refreshing forum issue?

To solve the IE refreshing forum issue, you can try clearing your browser cache, updating to the latest browser version, and disabling any conflicting scripts on the page. If the issue persists, you may need to contact the website administrator or switch to a different browser.

What is the impact of the IE refreshing forum issue?

The IE refreshing forum issue can have a negative impact on user experience as it constantly interrupts their browsing, causing frustration and inconvenience. It can also lead to data loss if the user was in the middle of typing a post or comment when the page refreshes.

How can I reduce the 6s load time on IE?

To reduce the 6s load time on IE, you can try optimizing your website's code, compressing images, and using a content delivery network (CDN). You can also consider using browser caching and minifying your CSS and JavaScript files to improve loading speed on IE browsers.