Regarding E-mail Notifications

• Thread starter LogicalAtheist
  • Start date
LogicalAtheist
How do I completely disable any E-mail notifications of new private messages and new posts in certain pages. I always check new posts on the site, but I get like 80 PF E_mails a day about new forum posts. I turned it off in the options but it still happens. Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
You'll prolly have to wait until the topics you did enable email notification become old and back logged.

When did I enable them? I turned them off before I ever posted...

1. What are e-mail notifications?

E-mail notifications are automatic messages sent to your email address to inform you about updates or changes within a specific system or platform. They are commonly used to keep users informed about important events or updates that may require their attention.

2. How do I activate e-mail notifications?

The process of activating e-mail notifications varies depending on the system or platform you are using. In most cases, you can find the option to enable e-mail notifications in your account settings or preferences. You may also need to provide your email address to start receiving notifications.

3. Can I customize the frequency of e-mail notifications?

Yes, in many cases, you can customize the frequency of e-mail notifications to suit your needs. This means you can choose to receive notifications immediately, daily, weekly, or on a specific schedule. Some systems also allow you to select which types of notifications you want to receive.

4. Are e-mail notifications secure?

E-mail notifications are generally considered secure, as they are sent directly to your email address and not accessible by others. However, it is important to make sure that the system or platform you are using has proper security measures in place to protect your personal information.

5. Can I turn off e-mail notifications?

Yes, you can usually turn off e-mail notifications by going into your account settings or preferences and disabling the option to receive notifications. However, it is important to consider the importance of the notifications and whether you may miss out on important updates or information by turning them off.