Is Cosmic Stan Really Among Us?

• Thread starter Njorl
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a member named Njorl who believes he is cosmic Stan and spends time in the theory development section. Other members joke about introducing him to another character named Galactic Bob.
Njorl
Science Advisor
Ok, so is one of you guys cosmic Stan?

http://theonion.com/news/index.php?i=1&n=3

NJorl

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Njorl
Ok, so is one of you guys cosmic Stan?

http://theonion.com/news/index.php?i=1&n=3

NJorl

Old physicists never die. They just become Cosmic Stans.

I am a bit concerned that a large portion of our members may be headed in this very direction. I rather enjoy speculating upon who will get there first... :wink:

Maybe we can introduce him to Galactic Bob, the schizophrenic lawyer in L.A. He likes to hang out at Law Dogs on Wednesday nites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Originally posted by Tsunami
Old physicists never die. They just become Cosmic Stans.
Boy, he'd be the shining star of the "Ask A Stupid Quetion..." thread. Can we get him online?

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
Boy, he'd be the shining star of the "Ask A Stupid Quetion..." thread. Can we get him online?
Njorl seems to think that he IS online - and he's here at PF. I wonder why he thinks that.

Originally posted by Tsunami
Njorl seems to think that he IS online - and he's here at PF. I wonder why he thinks that.

I spend a little time in the theory development section.

Njorl

Originally posted by Njorl
I spend a little time in the theory development section.

Njorl

I only have one thing to say on the subject: "Fock space! Spin polarization! The Clausius-Clapeyron equation obtains! The incident field is representable by a plane wave vector potential! You got to believe me!"

What is "Cosmic Stan"?

Cosmic Stan is a fictional character created by the popular science channel, AsapSCIENCE. He is often used as a comedic way to explain complex scientific concepts in their videos.

Is Cosmic Stan based on a real scientist?

No, Cosmic Stan is not based on a real scientist. He is a fictional character created for entertainment purposes.

What is the purpose of Cosmic Stan in AsapSCIENCE videos?

Cosmic Stan is used as a way to engage and entertain viewers while also simplifying complex scientific concepts. He adds a fun and relatable element to the videos.

Does Cosmic Stan accurately represent scientific information?

While Cosmic Stan may not always provide completely accurate information, his main purpose is to simplify complex scientific concepts and make them more accessible to a wider audience. It is always important to fact-check information from any source, including entertainment channels.

Is Cosmic Stan appropriate for all ages?

AsapSCIENCE creates content that is suitable for all ages, and Cosmic Stan is no exception. He is meant to be a fun and engaging character for viewers of all ages to enjoy.