Troubleshooting arxiv.org: Issues with Uploading Files | josegarc2002

• Thread starter eljose79
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is having trouble uploading work to arxiv.org after registering with their email. They have already tried sending emails for help, but have not received a solution. It is possible that this issue is related to a new endorsement system for new submitters that was implemented on January 17, 2004.
eljose79
hello i have some problems with arxiv.org...i registered with mail josegarc2002@ozu.es and then all was ok but when i sent a work after that i can not upload any work the message "josegarc2002 user can,t upload currently files"..and i do not know what to do now i have sent mail and all that but was useless..what,s wrong with me?...hope someone can help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by eljose79
hello i have some problems with arxiv.org...i registered with mail josegarc2002@ozu.es and then all was ok but when i sent a work after that i can not upload any work the message "josegarc2002 user can,t upload currently files"..and i do not know what to do now i have sent mail and all that but was useless..what,s wrong with me?...hope someone can help.

When did you register for the first time? Keep in mind that starting Jan 17, 2004, there is a new Endorsement system for new submitters. Refer to the info on the e-print arxiv website.

Zz.

1. Can you explain what arxiv.org is?

Arxiv.org is an online repository for academic research papers in fields such as physics, mathematics, computer science, and more. It allows researchers to share their work and collaborate with others in the scientific community.

2. What are the common issues that arise when uploading files to arxiv.org?

Some common issues that may arise when uploading files to arxiv.org include file size limitations, incorrect file formats, and incomplete or missing metadata. These issues can result in the file not being uploaded successfully or not being able to be accessed by others.

3. How can I troubleshoot issues with uploading files to arxiv.org?

The first step in troubleshooting issues with uploading files to arxiv.org is to carefully read the guidelines and requirements for file uploads. This includes checking the file size and format requirements, as well as ensuring that all necessary metadata is included. If the issue persists, you can contact arxiv.org support for further assistance.

4. Are there any alternatives to uploading files directly to arxiv.org?

Yes, there are a few alternative methods for sharing academic research papers. One option is to upload the paper to a personal website or institutional repository and provide a link to it on arxiv.org. Another option is to share the paper through email or file sharing platforms.

5. Is there a limit to the number of files I can upload to arxiv.org?

Yes, there is a limit of 10 submissions per day for individual users on arxiv.org. This limit is in place to prevent spam and ensure that all submissions are of high quality. If you need to upload more than 10 files, you can contact arxiv.org support for assistance.