Quick q, what does g forces of 3 - 3 ? mean? 3?

In summary, the conversation discusses the meaning of "g forces of 3 - 3" in an article about withstanding temperatures and g forces. The participants suggest it could refer to either 3 positive or 3 negative g forces, but are unsure. One participant compliments the forum for helping with chemistry.
boafan
quick q, what does "g forces of 3 - 3"? mean? 3?

sorry, my brain isn't working very well.

why is it 3 - 3?

Physics news on Phys.org
Huh? Can you elaborate?

I'm reading an article and it says "withstand temperatures or 30 C and G forces of 3 - 3".

[?] They mean 3 G's right?

Is the article online? Post a link if so.

I'm not sure what they mean either.

3 positive G Forces, or 3 negative G Forces.

Originally posted by phatmonky
3 positive G Forces, or 3 negative G Forces.
As good a guess as any.

Love what you put under your name, btw.

thnx~ wonderful forum btw, helping me a lot in chemistry

1. What are g forces?

G forces, or gravitational forces, are a measure of the force exerted on an object due to gravity. It is typically measured in multiples of the acceleration due to Earth's gravity (9.8 m/s²).

2. What does a g force of 3 mean?

A g force of 3 means that the object is experiencing a force three times greater than the force of gravity. This can happen during rapid acceleration or deceleration, such as in a roller coaster or when a fighter jet is performing maneuvers.

3. What is the significance of a g force of 3?

A g force of 3 can have significant effects on the human body. It can cause discomfort, disorientation, and even loss of consciousness. Pilots and astronauts are trained to withstand higher g forces to avoid these effects.

4. Can g forces be negative?

Yes, g forces can be negative. This usually occurs during deceleration or when an object is falling downwards. Negative g forces can also have effects on the human body, such as causing blood to rush to the head and resulting in a feeling of weightlessness.

5. How is g force measured?

G force is typically measured using an accelerometer, which is a device that measures the acceleration of an object. The measurement is often expressed in multiples of the acceleration due to gravity, such as 3g or -2g.