What are the best meeting times for a global PhysicsForum IRC chat session?

• Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chat
In summary, the chatroom has been closed, and a new IRC server has been set up. The current topic is "Where are the chicks?"
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
If anyone is interested in an IRC chat, I've set up a temporary server.

IP 209.42.34.118
/join #physicsforums

XChat is an open source irc client for windows, OSX and Linux.

It can be found here:

http://www.xchat.org

[edit] The Chatroom is now CLOSED. It will resume on Monday at 4 pm

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Come on in and join, current topic is "Where are the Chicks?"

Er, now chroot changed it to "I are the ruler"

Lots of direction changes, can't keep up...

Last edited:
But don't take over the channel and piss off dduardo. He doesn't seem to like that too much.

- Warren

XChat? No IRSSI?

NEW IRC SERVER

It’s great what you’ve done guys, but server isn’t always on line, and the time when it’s online it’s available only for people from you time zone (others are sleeping, in school or working)… So I’ve created 24/7 available #physicsforums channel on this server:

irc.tehnicom.net

/j #physicsforums

So now it’ll be always on line and available in accessible time for people all around the world … It’ll be great if dduardo could login some time now so I could give you OP.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not for shutting down dduardo’s server I just think this one/like would be great to have too…

Greetings

Meeting time

Being dispersed all around the world all we connect in different time, so it’s rare to see larger number of people at the same time on the cannel.

So it would be good if we define some meeting times!
I’ll propose one for Europe, let it be in 21:00 hours by Greenwich mean time (GMT).

It would be good if you come up with time for America (east, west coast, this time zone ,that time zone - so I’ll leave that to you :)).

Of course people can log in any time they want, I just think that we can make peaks this way, and have better conversation.
Suggestion would bee good.

Greets

What is PhysicsForum IRC Chat Session?

PhysicsForum IRC Chat Session is an online platform where scientists and physics enthusiasts can engage in real-time discussions about various topics in physics. It utilizes Internet Relay Chat (IRC) technology to connect users from all over the world.

How can I join the PhysicsForum IRC Chat Session?

To join the chat session, you can either use a web-based IRC client or download a standalone IRC client software. Once you have the client set up, you can connect to the server and join the PhysicsForum chat room by using the provided server address and channel name.

What topics are discussed in the PhysicsForum IRC Chat Session?

The chat session covers a wide range of topics in physics, including but not limited to classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, astrophysics, and particle physics. Users are free to suggest and initiate discussions on any relevant topic.

Are there any rules or guidelines for participating in the PhysicsForum IRC Chat Session?

Yes, there are some basic rules and guidelines that all participants are expected to follow. These include being respectful towards others, avoiding personal attacks or offensive language, and staying on topic. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a warning or ban from the chat session.

Can I ask for help with specific physics problems in the PhysicsForum IRC Chat Session?

While the chat session is a great place to discuss and learn about various physics concepts, it is not meant to be a platform for solving specific problems. However, users are welcome to ask for general guidance and resources related to a particular problem, but they should not expect a direct solution from others.