Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

[SOLVED] Problem changing avatar

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I have tried several times to change my avatar, using images on my hard drive that are well within the stated size restrictions, but I always get the message "Unable to save image."

Can anyone offer any tips to help me figure out what I am doing wrong?

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi MarkFL,

I'm sorry to hear about this :( What file type is the image you are using? Maybe it's one we haven't set permissions for yet. If that doesn't work can you email me the file you want to use and I'll try setting it for you in the meantime until we figure this out?

jameson@mathhelpboards.com

Jameson

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
It is a .jpg file 150 X 150 and 16 kB. My current avatar is also a .jpg file, so I am assuming the JPEG format is not the issue. The stated dimension max. is 250 X 250, is it possible it is really lower than that? I ask because not too long ago it was 100 X 100.

It's really no big deal, and I don't want to cause you any extra work, I just thought perhaps there may be a glitch, although I really suspected the error was on my part.(Rofl)

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
There seems to be some issues with attachments in general so I'd actually like it if you could send me the file :) If I can't add it myself then we have a problem I need to look into.

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I just sent the image to you. Thanks again!:cool:

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I just sent the image to you. Thanks again!:cool:
There is an error with our system. I'll ask the vBulletin staff about it and hopefully get it fixed this weekend. Sorry!

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
I have tried several times to change my avatar, using images on my hard drive that are well within the stated size restrictions, but I always get the message "Unable to save image."

Can anyone offer any tips to help me figure out what I am doing wrong?
Hi everyone, :)

Additionally to getting the "Unable to save image" message the following line appears at the top of the screen.

Warning: fopen(./customavatars/avatar89_5.gif) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in [path]/includes/class_dm_userpic.php on line 373

Kind Regards,
Sudharaka.

• Admin

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hey, no worries! It is truly nice to have such an active and involved administration that strives to promptly get to the bottom of issues. (Beer)

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Ok everything should be working now. If not I'll take a look tomorrow. :)

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Wow! You are on top of things! :cool: