Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Problem book for real analysis

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
Hello MHB,

I want to sharpen my analysis skills.

I am looking for a problem book in real analysis.

Anybody here knows a good one?

I use Rudin's Principle of Mathematical Analysis for reading.

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
Re: problem book for real analysis

Hello MHB,

I want to sharpen my analysis skills.

I am looking for a problem book in real analysis.

Anybody here knows a good one?

I use Rudin's Principle of Mathematical Analysis for reading.
I have been advised to read this book , seems a good one. Are you looking for a book that only contains problems ?

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012

I have been advised to read this book , seems a good one. Are you looking for a book that only contains problems ?
Hello Zaid,

Yes, I was looking for a book which contains only problems (and may contain solutions).

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013

Here is a book with solutions.

Evgeny.Makarov

MHB Math Scholar
Jan 30, 2012

Don't know how available this book is, but Demidovich is the standard exercise book in the mathematics department of Moscow State University. There is also an Anti-Demidovich (a book of solutions).

topsquark

MHB Math Helper
Aug 30, 2012

Don't know how available this book is, but Demidovich is the standard exercise book in the mathematics department of Moscow State University. There is also an Anti-Demidovich (a book of solutions).
Place the Demidovich book on a table and throw the Anti-Demidovich book at it. Do they annihilate each other?

(Rofl)Hahahahahahahahaha...(Giggle)Hahahaha... :) Haha...Ummmm I'm going to go hide now. (Wasntme)

-Dan

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012

Evgeny.Makarov

MHB Math Scholar
Jan 30, 2012

Place the Demidovich book on a table and throw the Anti-Demidovich book at it. Do they annihilate each other?
They may not annihilate, but throwing one on top of the other may break the table. Demidovich has over 600 pages, and Anti-Demidovich consists of five volumes for the total of over 1500 pages (though the last two volumes are about complex analysis and differential equations). But there are many places where both books (in Russian, at least) can be downloaded.

Prometheus

Mar 25, 2013
I've viewed Demidovich online and I think if you are already reading Rudin, then unless I've seen the wrong book Demidovich is going to be too elementary. I would say maybe try the Kaczor and Nowak volumes (I, II, III).

caffeinemachine

MHB Math Scholar
Mar 10, 2012
I've viewed Demidovich online and I think if you are already reading Rudin, then unless I've seen the wrong book Demidovich is going to be too elementary. I would say maybe try the Kaczor and Nowak volumes (I, II, III).
I thought the same of Demidovich. Thanks for your suggestion. I will check the books out as soon as I can.