Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Probably should have done this a while ago......

hmmm16

Feb 25, 2012
Hello!

I have been using this forum and it's predecessor for about 5 years now (although not very much, I tend to use others for a lot of my questions but i think that this site has the best "community feel" to it, which I like) so I decided that I should probably write some sort of introduction.

I'm in my final year of my undergraduate degree in maths in sunny Scotland, which takes 4 years. I am going to do a masters degree after this with the hope of being able to do a phd after that.

I'm mainly interested in pure mathematics and really towards the abstract end of this (probably my favorite area of maths that I have ever looked at is logic/pure set theory) but I do feel slightly selfish for studying something that has very few uses in the real world!

Anyway just thought I'd give an introduction and thanks anyone on here who has helped me at any time on any site, I would certainly be doing a lot worse academically if it were not for the help and patience of people on maths forums, so thanks guys! (Smile)

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012
H

I'm mainly interested in pure mathematics and really towards the abstract end of this (probably my favorite area of maths that I have ever looked at is logic/pure set theory) but I do feel slightly selfish for studying something that has very few uses in the real world!
But you will be able to prove that there is no such thing as the "real world"

CB

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hey, better late than never to tell us a bit about yourself! :cool:

I am glad to hear you like the community feel this site has, and I agree, we have a strong community here.

Good luck with your studies and I hope to see you around!

Best Regards,

-Mark