Who is in Charge for Objections to Newtonian Mechanics?

• Thread starter dedaNoe
  • Start date
In summary, the discussion on objections to Newtonian mechanics being deemed unsuitable for posting in PF has led to a question of who is in charge of determining this. The response is that as long as the critique is presented in Theory Development, it is allowed. However, there is a concern about posts being removed by mentors without the ability to contest, possibly due to their perceived authority.
dedaNoe
I've been told (that's how it's written in terms and conditions) my objections to Newtonian mechanics are not suitable for posting here in PF. I'd like to know then who is in charge for that i.e. where should I send my objections?

TNX!

Physics news on Phys.org
dedaNoe said:
I've been told (that's how it's written in terms and conditions) my objections to Newtonian mechanics are not suitable for posting here in PF. I'd like to know then who is in charge for that i.e. where should I send my objections?
No one is stopping you from presenting your critique of Newtonian mechanics, as long as you do it here in Theory Development.

Doc Al said:
No one is stopping you from presenting your critique of Newtonian mechanics, as long as you do it here in Theory Development.

On the same issue, how does one contest removing a post because a mentor decides there is nothing scientific in the discarded post? Specifcally, a post moved out of 'theory development'at the same time the post in response was discarded cannot be challenged because the forum to which the opening of the thread was moved is not open to the offended party's posts? Is the assumption that mentors are more knowledgeable, or is it just because they can do the arbitrary editing and removal that they do so?

1. What is Newtonian mechanics?

Newtonian mechanics is a branch of classical mechanics that describes the motion of objects based on Newton's laws of motion and the law of universal gravitation.

2. Who is considered the "father" of Newtonian mechanics?

Sir Isaac Newton is credited as the "father" of Newtonian mechanics, as he developed the laws and principles that form its basis.

3. What are some objections to Newtonian mechanics?

Some objections to Newtonian mechanics include its inability to fully explain certain phenomena, such as the behavior of light and the rotation of galaxies, as well as its reliance on absolute space and time which has been challenged by the theory of relativity.

4. Who is responsible for addressing objections to Newtonian mechanics?

As a scientific theory, objections to Newtonian mechanics are addressed and studied by scientists and researchers in the field of physics. This includes testing and refining the theory, as well as developing alternative explanations or theories.

5. Is Newtonian mechanics still relevant today?

Yes, Newtonian mechanics is still relevant today and is used in many practical applications, such as engineering and space exploration. However, it has been expanded upon and refined by newer theories, such as quantum mechanics and relativity, which provide a more complete understanding of the physical world.