How exactly do they make milk from a bean?

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, there is a magical bean known as soy that can be made into a variety of products, including milk. This is because soy is a complete protein and contains most of the 20 amino acids needed by the body. The process of making soy milk is similar to making almond or nut milk, and there are plenty of resources available for those interested in learning how to make their own plant-based milks.
Why can this magical bean be made into anything? How exactly do they make milk from a bean?

Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
its magical in that taken in sufficiently high amounts, it could turn a male into a female

I'm not sure of the specifics, but soy 'milk' is just milk in texture... I'm sure you could turn things like potatoes into 'potato milk', but then again, i suppose you would just call it soup.

My guess would be because Soy is so complete in that it has most of the 20 amino acids.

Why that would have anything to do with the fact that they make it into milk...I don't know.

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
Why can this magical bean be made into anything? How exactly do they make milk from a bean?

You know, I really have no idea. I only drink soy or almond milks, because I'm lactose-intolerant, but I've never found out how they make it into so many things.

I'll have to do some research...

This is the site that I learned to make soy and nut milks from. It has quite a bit of information.

SEED, NUT AND SOY MILK

1. How is milk made from a bean?

Milk is not actually made from a bean. The term "milk" refers to the white liquid that is extracted from the fruits or seeds of certain plants, such as soybeans, almonds, or coconuts. This liquid is often used as a dairy-free alternative to cow's milk.

2. What is the process of making milk from a bean?

The process for making milk from a bean varies depending on the type of bean being used. However, it typically involves soaking the beans overnight, blending them with water, and then straining the mixture to remove any solid particles. The resulting liquid is the "milk" from the bean.

3. Can you make milk from any type of bean?

Not all beans are suitable for making milk. Some beans, such as kidney beans and black beans, can be toxic if consumed raw and must be cooked before eating. Additionally, not all beans have a high enough fat content to produce a creamy milk-like liquid.

4. Is milk from a bean a healthy alternative to cow's milk?

Milk from beans is often marketed as a healthier alternative to cow's milk because it is free from dairy, lactose, and cholesterol. However, it is important to note that the nutritional profile of different types of milk varies and some may contain more sugar or additives than others. It is best to check the label and choose a milk from a bean that fits your dietary needs and preferences.

5. How does the taste of milk from a bean compare to cow's milk?

Milk from a bean tends to have a slightly nutty or sweet taste, depending on the type of bean used. It may also have a thinner consistency compared to cow's milk. The taste can vary depending on the brand and any added flavors or sweeteners. It is best to try different types of milk from beans to find one that suits your taste preferences.